PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 282 hangs

Custom Search

bashboosh
09-25-2012, 06:47 AM
Hi, i appreciate any help on my bizhub 282 mfp.
This printer often hangs and doesnot print. during this time, copier functions are ok. I even tried connecting directly to a USB but same result. I tried changing drivers and no luck. The technician told it can be some corrupted print job is being sent to the printer. How we can troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks

Avskrap
09-25-2012, 08:29 AM
Talk to your technician, tell him to upgrade the FW. He should know that this is something you always do as a first step when dealing with these kinds of problems.

bashboosh
09-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the reply. How do i know which version FW is installed now? is the FW publicly available? The support opportunity is very less in my area and thinking if i can do it.

Thanks again.

Avskrap
09-25-2012, 08:34 AM
FW is not publicly available and for technician use only. You need to be a certified technician to get hold of it. The current FW installed in the machine is stated in the service mode (something your tech also should know how to look up).

bashboosh
09-25-2012, 09:17 AM
No problem. Thank you for the replies. I will look around to find who can do it.

bashboosh
09-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Yesterday the technician did the firmware update to latest. Did not face any problem for 2~3 hours. After that the original issue started again. The printer loses the network connectivity. After exactly 15 ping time outs, it get back to network.

Dont know where is the issue. Today i will try to install a computer in this network outlet and check if there is any network issue occur.

Are there any other experiments to get relove this? Thank you experts.

FW is not publicly available and for technician use only. You need to be a certified technician to get hold of it. The current FW installed in the machine is stated in the service mode (something your tech also should know how to look up).

Custom Search