PDA

View Full Version : C452 with C-code 2204 Waste toner agitating motor’s failure to turn

Custom Search

habik
09-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Hi there, I had some read on here regards to this issue.
A weird sound is apparently produced. (Hoping is not the ITB Cleaning motor drive assy)
Clean the augers and possibly replace it. My question is if there is anything else I should consider to replace, as the client is quite far away and I really hate going to customers twice.

As I have to order parts in I wonder what would be the list:

1,Waste toner box
2,Toner Collection Assy
3, ?
4, ?

Many thanks for advise.

Avskrap
09-25-2012, 03:41 PM
I've had this 4-5 times, every time it's been a simple toner waste box swap. Call up the customer and ask them to replace it if they've got one, might save you a trip :)

habik
09-25-2012, 03:42 PM
I've had this 4-5 times, every time it's been a simple toner waste box swap. Call up the customer and ask them to replace it if they've got one, might save you a trip :)

Sweet!!

Thanks a lot!!

JustManuals
09-25-2012, 04:42 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

EarthKmTech
09-25-2012, 09:50 PM
yep, ive had it many times and its always been the waste toner box.

if you turn the gears on it (the box) there should be virtually no resistance, the faulty ones offer only slightly more, but you can tell the difference.

It doesnt take much to overpower the waste toner bottle drive so the box has to be perfect.

habik
09-27-2012, 01:01 AM
Problem solved.

It wasn't the Waste toner box. The problem was in the gears and mainly the shaft that has been contaminated with toner and dev and it actually was quite hard to turn, sometimes it was moving OK.

So I have cleaned it up, superlubed it and its working like magic.

Had to repair the front door hinges too. As it was broken on both side, drilled through the hinges remains 2.5mm hole and put 3mm thick screw with step washers. The door may have caused a lot of random faults too.

Thanks Everyone, appreciate your help.

EarthKmTech
09-27-2012, 10:23 AM
I keep 10 of those hinges in my tool bag, theyre under a dollar each and break all the time :cool:

just another cost cutting measure, the c451 series had decent metal front door hinges.

Custom Search