PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C451

Custom Search

gerryhuerta
09-26-2012, 03:58 AM
We have a C451 that is jamming out of TRAY 1 & TRAY 2. We know the machine pretty well but this is killing us. The leading edge of the paper will "at times" make it just about 1 inch past the registration roller then suddenly stop. Other times the paper will not even pick-up from the cassette. This happes only on Trays 1/2 as the bypass and 3/4 trays work just fine. Any help is appreciated

EarthKmTech
09-26-2012, 11:18 AM
We need to know what the jam code(s) is/are.

That description could be anything.

if theres lots and many different ones, print off the management list and scan and post the jam history.

knightfall
09-26-2012, 04:13 PM
I would think it might be the 1 way bearings in the pf

gerryhuerta
09-26-2012, 04:31 PM
We did alot of research on this forum about this particular problem. Seems like many of us have had some tyes of issues with this way of jamming. We will Post the error history shortly. Thanks

JustManuals
09-26-2012, 05:56 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

gerryhuerta
09-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Thanks Paul but we have the manuals on this one. Its just a little odd for what its doing..

blackcat4866
09-27-2012, 12:22 AM
Without knowing the jam code, I'll confirm that the one-way bearings can cause you a lot of headaches. Just like what you've seen, except it was tray #3 and #4 for me, with jams 1301, 1710, and 2001. =^..^=

gerryhuerta
09-27-2012, 01:59 AM
A heavy number of jam error 1101, jam error 1201 are the most recent codes however there is some history of jam error 1709 error due to some previous jamming from tray 3/4... We are starting to find out this might be related to the KM Service Bullitin 7370. As the Black Developer previously leaked for the other company that was taking care of the machine. We just found this out and now we are thiking this might all be related... Any ideas or input?

blackcat4866
09-27-2012, 02:24 AM
A heavy number of jam error 1101, jam error 1201 are the most recent codes however there is some history of jam error 1709 error due to some previous jamming from tray 3/4... We are starting to find out this might be related to the KM Service Bullitin 7370. As the Black Developer previously leaked for the other company that was taking care of the machine. We just found this out and now we are thiking this might all be related... Any ideas or input?

I was just reading somewhere that it doesn't take much developer to clog up the PF clutch. IF there has been any developer leakage I'd order the full set of clutches.

I seem to remember a specific Ricoh AF700 that when developer dumped, it literally locked up every PF clutch. =^..^=

gerryhuerta
09-27-2012, 02:34 AM
I was just reading somewhere that it doesn't take much developer to clog up the PF clutch. IF there has been any developer leakage I'd order the full set of clutches.

I seem to remember a specific Ricoh AF700 that when developer dumped, it literally locked up every PF clutch. =^..^=

Sounds like a plan. Thanks... Will do and let you guys know what happens... Thank you.

gerryhuerta
10-06-2012, 12:49 AM
BackCat was right on... We replaced the clutches with new ones and machine now feeds paper just fine. With the exeption of the following problem. NOW the machine will will dostort the image only on black prints as seen in the atatchements... In an attempt to solve the problem we replaced the Black Image Unit, Transfer belt and Transfer roller. Any Ideas of what else...?

ermsk8er
10-06-2012, 01:15 AM
Try to clean the paper feed rollers, there must be paper dust on it.

blackcat4866
10-06-2012, 01:17 AM
One thing that we can't tell from your scan is, what is the feed direction? You'll be able to define the problem better if you were to copy an orange original on manual exposure. It will give you a nice even 30% to 50% gray across the whole page, and you'll be able to measure intervals between occurrences. Does that make sense?. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
10-06-2012, 02:33 AM
Used to get this problem on C450's and you had to modify the black imaging unit, ie, install mylars under the positioning post seats to gap the drum away from the dev roller a bee's dick's further away. It worked everytime i dealt with it.

Have never seen this on the c451 series yet.

I would be suspicious of the black imaging unit, if it keeps destroying them, you need to change HV-1.

This could also be the toner burst issue. Has the machine got the haircomb mylar above the transfer roller ?

gerryhuerta
10-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Problem finally SOLVED...!!!

Indeed the drum unit was faulty out of the factroy as described on the previous post. It seemed as if the actualy drum-cilynder was not sitting leved on the drum unit itself causing the image to be distorted towards one side of the page. Every single respond helped, Thanks for all the help guys.

OutlawTorn
04-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Been having this jamming issue on a machine today just from tray 2 (jam code 1101)

Interestingly the machine dumped dev everywhere whilst being moved so I am thinking I need a new pf clutch! The first error was the vertical sensor of tray 2 being covered in dev!

Love this place sometimes.

Copper0
03-05-2014, 04:52 PM
Good Day try replacing the spring clutches on the paper feed units, not sure of part number off-hand but the description is Gear 29 tooth.

minimerlin
03-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Good Day try replacing the spring clutches on the paper feed units, not sure of part number off-hand but the description is Gear 29 tooth.Please read the date that a post was uploaded before you reply to a year old post! Me thinks the problem has been fixed by now...just my 20cents worth!:cool:

Custom Search