PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Konica Colorforce 8050 dumping yellow toner!

Custom Search

Motchedo
09-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Need some assistance with this unit. I have the Field Service manual and have performed the 100K and 200K maintenance on it. Before performing the maintenance, it would seldom print any image. This unit worked fine for the first two days and now gives me the error code 27-01. Upon opening the unit, I noticed yellow toner/developer all over covering all of the other drum cartridges and developers. I have since then replaced the yellow developer, drum cartridge, corona cartridge and added new developer. I performed the automatic developer charge, L detect and auto gamma adjustment. It will not pass the L detect as it stops and displays error code 27-01. Opened the unit and once again, tons of toner all over.

Any ideas? I have the field service manual and am experienced at working on printers/copiers. This model is my first and is stumping me.

Thanks for your help.

Avskrap
09-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Conferring with my co-workers with 25 years in the biz, and training on the 8050 back in the days, we've reached the conclusion that you need to swap the yellow developer unit.

Coptech
09-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Is it dumping toner or developer. If the charge corona for the yellow is not plugged in completely or not working, the developer will end up in the waste toner bottle in record time.

Motchedo
09-28-2012, 10:16 PM
I have swapped out the yellow developer twice now already and it is doing the same thing. The developer material itself seems to be going back into the developer as I do not see any of the black magnet material around but the yellow toner itself flows out during the L detect calibration and covers all the other drums, the corona charging wire and transfer belt. Big mess but was able to clean everything up. All five of the Konica service companies in a 25 mile radius do not work on these machines anymore.

Here is a little background and what we have done so far to it: The machine print quality was diminishing and we were overdue for our 100K and 200K maintenance. We never had a problem with any toner material getting all over the place like we do not. We replaced the transfer belt, cleaning blade, various rollers, all four drum cartridges, all four corona charging units and the yellow developer twice. We performed the developer charge function with a new box of developer starter and are stuck at the L Detect function which displays SC27-01. Today we noticed one thing with the macing and that is it is making a faint siren/alarm sound coming from the door housing the toner cartridges.

I greatly appreciate your help!

Custom Search