PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 423 scanning

Custom Search

Nightstalker
09-28-2012, 06:26 PM
I have not worked on Konicas in a LONG time so bare with me as this is probably something simple. I have messed with the timeout settings but nothing seems to work. When you select the scan folder destination it will highlight of course. You scan your document and send it but the scan folder will not stay highlighted. The customer wants it to stay highlighted as they do a TON!!!! of scanning and their old machine (not sure what it was) was set up so you did not have to select a folder but once until you hit the reset button or it timed out and autoreset. Thanks in advance for any help.

blackcat4866
09-29-2012, 03:44 AM
Sorry. They'll have to select the destination each time. Put the most popular ones in the Favorites list on the front screen. One key stroke won't kill them. =^..^=

Nightstalker
09-29-2012, 04:04 AM
LOL its not them I am worried about. I should have mentioned this earlier , the customer/person at this account happens to be my wife lololol. :eek: f was a different brand ... say Ricoh I could help her. I tried the time out settings as I said but I figured .. surely Konica has a setting much like the others I work on that will allow the selected keys to stay highlighted. Thanks for the insight... I will blame you for her disappointment. :p :p

Mr Spock
09-29-2012, 04:27 AM
you can try this but I do not recommend it.

open scan window and select the folder she wants to use.
very quickly touch the following
utility > user > scan settings> default setting> use current.

then close out and hit the reset and see if it stays lit. If so that is now the default. If she uses another then she needs to unselect the highlighted one and select the one she needs to use.

blackcat4866
09-29-2012, 01:22 PM
... I will blame you for her disappointment. :p :p

I can accept that.

you can try this but I do not recommend it.

open scan window and select the folder she wants to use.
very quickly touch the following
utility > user > scan settings> default setting> use current.

then close out and hit the reset and see if it stays lit. If so that is now the default. If she uses another then she needs to unselect the highlighted one and select the one she needs to use.

In this case, if it holds, every user gets the same one destination every time. I can foresee considerable whining about: "Why does it alwas send to folder 3 when I really wanted folder 4 ...?" Or "It scans multiple copies to different folders when I select only folder 2."

This will be too confusing for the masses.
=^..^=

Mr Spock
09-30-2012, 05:11 AM
I can accept that.

In this case, if it holds, every user gets the same one destination every time. I can foresee considerable whining about: "Why does it alwas send to folder 3 when I really wanted folder 4 ...?" Or "It scans multiple copies to different folders when I select only folder 2."

This will be too confusing for the masses.
=^..^=

That is why I did not recommend it...
You can try the auto reset but I think that is only on the copy jobs.

Custom Search