PDA

View Full Version : Error Code SC 03-00 Gestetner 5490+

Custom Search

justmynick
10-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Hi all, my first post here.
I own an old gestetner 5490+, since yesterday when i try to print the master the copier give me a service call SC03-00.
I am capable to see the SC menu [yellow "clean all" button, then digit 107 and then press the red/stop button for 5 sec] but i am not able to do anythingh else...or at least i don't wonna do whitouth proper knowledge.
I don't know what that code meaning, and how to clean it by myself, if is possible.
Any help will be higly appreciated.
best, and greetings from Italy

staffie man
10-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Hi all, my first post here.
I own an old gestetner 5490+, since yesterday when i try to print the master the copier give me a service call SC03-00.
I am capable to see the SC menu [yellow "clean all" button, then digit 107 and then press the red/stop button for 5 sec] but i am not able to do anythingh else...or at least i don't wonna do whitouth proper knowledge.
I don't know what that code meaning, and how to clean it by myself, if is possible.
Any help will be higly appreciated.
best, and greetings from Italy

The sc code indicates a thermal head ID issue, never had this fault but manual states MPU problem.

Bantams
10-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Thermal head ID
error
The CPU detects an abnormal ID
signal from the thermal head.
•
Defective thermal head
•
Defective MPU

Very Expensive and Probably the Thermal Head needs replacing if you can manage to Obtain One

justmynick
10-02-2012, 02:15 PM
The sc code indicates a thermal head ID issue, never had this fault but manual states MPU problem.

thank you staffie
ugh, :( looks like a serious/costly problem.
There is somethingh that i can try ? Imput some code to "clean" the error [i have read somwhere to put 5-810 code into sc men๙...but this code looks like don't work into 5490+] ? try...somethingh ? i have tons of works waiting.
I am ready to call the service but this mean at least 10 days of stop to have a technician and fix the problem if is a common one. [looks like not]
[yes in our country those are the real time...and techicians - poor guys - are underpayed, whit tons of work and unfortunatly quite always they don't have the proper knowlegde becouse big company don't wonna pay their training].

justmynick
10-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Thermal head ID
error
The CPU detects an abnormal ID
signal from the thermal head.
•
Defective thermal head
•
Defective MPU

Very Expensive and Probably the Thermal Head needs replacing if you can manage to Obtain One

thank you too Bantams,
sounds very bad :(:(:(
the strange thing is that sometimes it can make a master [one time of 100 try]

MobileTechy
10-02-2012, 04:42 PM
maybe look on internet for a used inexpensive copier with same make and model number .. use for parts

JustManuals
10-02-2012, 06:54 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Custom Search