PDA

View Full Version : Error Code BizHub C452 Network Scanning Error 161 5/8

Custom Search

dlkempf
10-02-2012, 02:09 PM
I am trying to setup scanning on a BizHub C452 using SMB. We have several of these machines in our environment already setup and working...but we just received a new one and I can't get SMB scanning to work. I have the new machine setup in the exact same manner as the pre-existing machines doing a side by side comparison of settings and everything appears to be identical. When I try to scan from the new machine all I get is "Job Deleted" "Network Connection Error" and an error code of 161 5/8.
Any idea what this error code means and how to correct the problem?

emujo
10-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Never seen this error...are you sure you're looking at the right area..job history/send tab/history/highlight failed job and touch details..should either be a server connect error, login error, or no specifed folder..161 might be the job number, 5/8 might mean 5 of 8 of something, but not sure. you might try disconnecting the MFP that's working, then try to send with the suspect MFP to rule out some IP conflict. Try to get some more/corrected info and get back with us..Emujo

dlkempf
10-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I know it seems like a strange error code, but it does read 161 5/8. The other MFP's that we use are on different subnets and in fact up until last week we had a Xerox DocCenter in place using the IP address and scanning just fine.

Here is what the job history lists for the scan jobs...

Job Number : 960 Details
Result : Deleted Due To Error
Error Details : Server connection error
Username : SCAN
Document Name : SVPSA-KON4512100208220
Address Type : PC (SMB)
Error Code : 161 5/8 (and it is displayed as 161 and five eighths in superscript...like a very large hat size!)
Dest : S: Drive (which is the name we gave in the address book)
Hours : Job Start : 10/2/2012 08:22
Prints : Document : 1

JSC
10-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Are you scanning back to a shared folder on a server? If so make sure the user name and password has the correct rights to access the folder. What os is the server? Have you set up the copier in Ad?

dlkempf
10-02-2012, 08:37 PM
We are scanning back to a DFS share to which all of our machines scan and we use the same username (and password) on all of the machines...some Konica, some HP, some Xerox, some Ricoh...a very large distributed envrionment at a university. The only difference that we can see between the problematic Konica and our other working Konica's is that the Administrator interface is different...it almost looks like an older firmware version. Through the web interface the public sides look the same, but on the admin side of the troubled machine the menus are all drop down style, rather than the icon based selections available on the working devices. We've had the Konica rep out but they can't seem to tell us if we have an older or newer firmware version on the bad machine...only that it's different. Now we have to wait for a senior field tech to come out and take a look at it.

By the way...take a look at my profile picture/avatar over there and you'll see a picture of the scan error log...weirdest error code I have ever seen!

drimouxlas
10-02-2012, 08:54 PM
if this is the form for the path of the DFS (\\<DOMAIN.NAME>\<dfsroot>\<path>) you make sure that you DONT use the (\\) in the beggining when registering the hostname on the interface it's a common typing error! hope that helped.

dlkempf
10-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the suggestions...

External Server Settings are...

External Server Name : ubfs2.www.xxx.yyy.zzz
External Server Type : NTLM v2
NTLM Default Domain Name : www.xxx.yyy.zzz (http://www.xxx.yyy.zzz)

Address Book Settings are...

Host Address : ubfs2
File Path : infrastructure\scan\vpsa

SMB Client Settings Are...

SMB TX : On
NTLM Setting : v1/v2
User Authentication (NTLM ) : On
DFS Setting : Enable

emujo
10-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Something is off....document name should be SKMBTC452...not sure what this MFP is doing..The server connect error is what I would be focusing on though...(not ruling out a firmware update though)..This means that the MFP can't connect with the host you are trying to send to...could be any number of things but to rule out the usual suspects, I would try to log into a workstation with the credentials you have assigned the MFP and attempt to navigate to the folder you have designated as the target. Once here, try to drop/delete a file. If you can do this then you have the permissions assigned correctly. On the MFP side, ensure you have the Domain entry filled out correctly (Under TCP/IP settings), and under SMB settings/Print settings, change the NTLM settings from V1 to V1/V2..as I have seen this cause problem when scanning to a 2008R2 or NAS. Double check your gateway. An incorrect entry here would cause issues with any traffic trying to leave the MFP. Didn't look at you info...are you in the US? Emujo

Mr Spock
10-02-2012, 11:28 PM
This may not make sense but try the server name in caps, make sure the check box is set (check to enter host name or something along those lines) and also make sure the dns settings are correct.

blackcat4866
10-03-2012, 12:13 AM
I usually start out with the crossover cable and my XP laptop. If I can scan to my share folder then it's worth looking further.

If you can't get a hostname to work, use the IP address of the recipient PC/server. I've have considerably better success with the IP. =^..^=

dlkempf
10-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions! I tried them all and then some more and still no luck.

I am able to ping the destination server (both by host name and IP address) from the MFP and it responds fine and I can ping the MFP from various subnets in the same manner, so I know the IP settings are correct. I have tried using multiple admin usernames/passwords to connect to the share (which work fine from other sources) and still I get the "Server Connection Error" and the 161 5/8 code...even if I do a direct input from the console.

The frustrating part is trying to troubleshoot the problem with only generic error messages (i.e. "Server Connection Error" can mean *any* number of things) and (seemingly) undocumented error codes (161 5/8???). It almost feels like I should get a volt-meter out and start chasing circuits! Holy Flashback Batman, the 70's called and they want their technology back!

delboy10
10-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions! I tried them all and then some more and still no luck.

I am able to ping the destination server (both by host name and IP address) from the MFP and it responds fine and I can ping the MFP from various subnets in the same manner, so I know the IP settings are correct. I have tried using multiple admin usernames/passwords to connect to the share (which work fine from other sources) and still I get the "Server Connection Error" and the 161 5/8 code...even if I do a direct input from the console.

The frustrating part is trying to troubleshoot the problem with only generic error messages (i.e. "Server Connection Error" can mean *any* number of things) and (seemingly) undocumented error codes (161 5/8???). It almost feels like I should get a volt-meter out and start chasing circuits! Holy Flashback Batman, the 70's called and they want their technology back!

Hello,
Can you verify if the network error code display setting is turned on in the machine? I think all the new machine come with this turn off by default. You can check by log in the machine through web interface under administrator-maintainance-network error code display setting and check if it is set to ON.

One more thing, you can also check if the code is set to display in fraction and change it to numeric value it is under user setting

1. Press Utility/Counter.
2. Select User Settings.
3. Select System Settings.
4. Select Measurement Unit Settings.
5. Change setting from Inch (fraction) to Inch (numerical value).

Delboy

MFPTech
10-03-2012, 03:28 PM
I usually start out with the crossover cable and my XP laptop. If I can scan to my share folder then it's worth looking further.

If you can't get a hostname to work, use the IP address of the recipient PC/server. I've have considerably better success with the IP. =^..^=

I agree and If I would be able to scan to my Laptop I would get customer's IT invoved (I do not touch servers:)

Good luck!

Kmdurrin
10-03-2012, 03:44 PM
If I were you, I would just start the whole damn thing over again. Go into service mode, initialize all the machines network settings, flash the firmware to current, and try again.

dlkempf
10-03-2012, 04:09 PM
OK, now that the Measurement Unit Settings is set to Numerical the Error Code is 162...does that mean anything to anyone?

And yes, I verified that the Network Error Code Display Setting is "On".

Thanks again for all of the suggestions...they are quite helpful!

I don't know if starting from scratch is going to get us anywhere...what we really want is for the field rep to upgrade the firmware...and what were thinking now is that we may have been sent a bad machine that was laying around a warehouse after being returned by its previous unhappy customer...otherwise why would a "new" machine that was just deleivered a week ago have an older set of software on it in comparison with an "identical" MFP that has been in service for about 9 months?

delboy10
10-03-2012, 06:28 PM
OK, now that the Measurement Unit Settings is set to Numerical the Error Code is 162...does that mean anything to anyone?

I don't know if starting from scratch is going to get us anywhere...what we really want is for the field rep to upgrade the firmware...and what were thinking now is that we may have been sent a bad machine that was laying around a warehouse after being returned by its previous unhappy customer...otherwise why would a "new" machine that was just deleivered a week ago have an older set of software on it in comparison with an "identical" MFP that has been in service for about 9 months?

I look up the code in the book but I can not find that network error code 162. I would wait for KM tech to verify the firmware. However, the web interface you see I think is set as List Function Display in Administrator. You can change this setting to Tab Function Display through pagescope web connection "System Setting", "Display Setting", "Administrator Display mode" select Tap or List Function Display.

Delboy

Kmdurrin
10-03-2012, 07:20 PM

In my experience KMBS will never send out a machine with current level firmware. We make is standard practice to update during our initial setup, and it solves a lot of problems before the machine hits the customers location. As far as the network settings go - whenever I run into a cryptic connection error like this, I start with a clean slate and verify the gateway, dns, subnet, etc. The server connection error seems like a problem with the dns settings on the machine (dns server ip, domain, or something of the sort). You may have tried this already and I just missed it, but can you ping the server by name from the machine?

JSC
10-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi I found this.

TABT1000686JP00

[Open Date]

[Doc. Language]

English

[Doc. Priority]

Recommended

[Product Name]

bizhub C220
bizhub C280
bizhub C360
bizhub C452
bizhub C552
bizhub C552DS
bizhub C652
bizhub C652DS

[Option]

[Subject]

When performing Scan to SMB to the folder shared by DFS, it may fail.

[Description]

If specify File Path in name space of DFS and perform Scan to SMB, it may fail under the following condition.

- There are domain controllers and some of them host DFS.

This symptom occurs when the MFP accesses to the domain controller does not host DFS.

[Solution]

This symptom is supported in the Firmware version GDC-B4.

dlkempf
10-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Just to close the loop on this issue...we finally got a field tech out to flash the firmware to the latest version...as soon as we put all of our settings back in we were able to scan without a problem.

Thanks for all of the helpful suggestions on this problem...I will certainly keep them all in mind if we ever run in to a networking problem again with a Konica.

Custom Search