PDA

View Full Version : C280 Strange problem

Custom Search

bseeley1844
10-02-2012, 08:45 PM
So I have a machine that is printing very precise dotted lines in the feed direction. The page will have about 12 dotted lines, perfect spacing in between the lines and the dots for that matter.

I find it hard to believe this is a mechanical issue given how precise this is. Being said I did try the drum, belt and transfer roller just to be safe. Did a halfway test to confirm it is not the fuser.

The machine is not new so it is not a set-up issue.

We have also tried The PH and PH relay board....guessing tech support is going to tell us to try PRCB but any suggestions for me to check anything would be appreciated. Feel like there is no way to verify it.

Thanks

EarthKmTech
10-02-2012, 10:03 PM
It wont be the prcb, while yes that synchronises the laser unit, the MFP board actually provides the "image signal" to it.

if you have some kind of digital interference/distortion/corruption pattern being printed 9/10 times its the MFP board and the other 1/10 it'll be the ram. I generally change them as a pair though.

This is all a guess without seeing a sample though...

And PS, its not very strange at all, KM boards fail all the time ;)

drimouxlas
10-02-2012, 10:13 PM
I would recommend to disconnect and reconnect all the connectors from the mfp board and then change socket on the ram.95% at the end you will replace mfp board to solve this.KM boards fail all the time couldn't agree more EarthKmTech .

EarthKmTech
10-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Environmental friendliness by way of lead free solder and reduction of other hazardous materials in the manufacturing process is the cause.

No one can escape it now anyway.

bseeley1844
10-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks Gentleman, It was the MFP board.

I am glad this problem was strange to me. Not something I want to do everyday :cool:...

Custom Search