PDA

View Full Version : Biz 283 "stopprint"

Custom Search

kingarthur
10-04-2012, 08:55 AM
just had an interesting fault, customer tries to print/copy & memory goes down & then back up to 99%..nothing comes out & in jobs list alongside job it says "stopprint"....even in tech rep mode you cant print out the management list, went on to infohub & found a bulletin, saying it needs firmware GC-4 if HR non stop is set, checked m/c & it already has firmware, m/c only done 130k so HR shouldn't need replacing, reset HR count anyway, set softswitches 51 & 55 back to factory setting & m/c indicated requires DR & DV, set both to F0 & 0C again, both items @ 130%, thought as they'll need replacing i might as well reset counters, m/c started copying/printing again,but is working ok without a C2557 error, so looks like even though counters reset, may not need to replace DV, but will keep you posted as to what happens. Hope this helps someone out of trouble...took me a while to work it out, when i phoned KM....they suggested i replaced the MFP pcb....but then they always do!

drimouxlas
10-04-2012, 06:06 PM
is there a hard disk installed? you may think it's irrelevant but reminds me of something.....

kingarthur
10-09-2012, 12:38 PM
no idea what the relevance of an HDD being installed has....but just to update the post, a new dev & dr was fitted, mainly because the cq deteriated after resetting the counters, still didn't display any error codes though...

Mr Spock
10-10-2012, 12:01 AM
is account codes turned on?
there are 2 mfsb2 pwbs in the field. you need to check the jumper on the pwb and make sure it is set to correct speed (if you have the updated pwb).
I have heard that if the service mode has hdd installed and hdd is not that it may not give an error code but may have print issues.

Custom Search