PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C252 Print Queue Problems

Custom Search

Wazzer
01-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi there,

Great site by the way and by the looks of it some really helpful people about. Many thanks in advance.

Well here's my problem.

Setup - About 13 users, 1 Windows 2003 Server SP2, 1 Konica C252 Bizhub.

It seems at the moment that print jobs seem to get stuck in the print spooler queue on the 2003 Server and will not delete by normal users or administrator means. We have to stop and restart the print spooler service to clear the print job that seems to be stuck!

This problem can also cause a nasty paper jam that requires an engineer to clear. It has happened occasionally since install (engineer has had to visit twice since late November when it was installed).

The network cable for the unit has been replaced.

Has anyone come across this issue before?????

Again, many thanks and happy new year all.

kyoceradude
01-02-2008, 03:25 PM
You first need to find out why the machine jams and get that taken care of first. The print jobs are staying on the spooler because of the copier not working properly.

Wazzer
01-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks Kyoceradude for you clear logic on this one.

Ok... but once we have cleared the problem with the printer/copier, we have problems with the print jobs that seem to get stuck in the print spooler queue on the 2003 Server and will not delete by normal users or administrator means.

We have to stop and restart the print spooler service to clear the print job that seems to be stuck.

Is there any other way to do this?

Thanks again.

knightfall
01-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi Wazzer I'm assuming your using tcp/ip and would first ask you if you have tried to ping the printer and if it got a reasonable response back and if you did I would suggest to unplug the patch cable to the printer and ping again to see if by chance another device has the same ip address, if you did then lets try and do something irrational and use a laptop or a reasonably close desktop with a crossover cable ping then print to it see if you print or it stays in the print queue on the independent computer if it prints than may want to delete and reload the print driver on the server then reload service pack (I had to do this on one server in order for print queue to work properly). If it does not print from the independent computer then think about the controller maybe defective. BTW I'm also assuming that you have tried another port and patch cable. I hope I have pointed in the right direct, Good luck.

fernan
01-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks Kyoceradude for you clear logic on this one.

Ok... but once we have cleared the problem with the printer/copier, we have problems with the print jobs that seem to get stuck in the print spooler queue on the 2003 Server and will not delete by normal users or administrator means.

We have to stop and restart the print spooler service to clear the print job that seems to be stuck.

Is there any other way to do this?

Thanks again.

it seems that you have just encountering paper stuck on printing only have you encounter also same problem when you use the machine as copier only ( DO NOT USE AS PRINTER ).
have you try the newest version of the c252 'coz i have encountered that kind of problem there is conflict between the c252 and the windows 2003 sp2 server

pepper38_cnd
01-02-2008, 11:09 PM
I have seen this in the past, it may be a windows issue. Go to port setting on the printer at the server, and uncheck the SNMP box. This may solve you print que lock up issue.

Wazzer
01-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Guys, thanks for all your suggestions. You have all been most helpful.

I'm afraid I got the photocopier model wrong. It is a C253. Hopefully that doesn't make too much difference to the case anyway :o . It was just that we were quoted for a 252 but ended up with a 253!!

I hope the New Year is a great one for all you helpful people :)

Regards......

random
01-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Turn off SNMP com's in the print driver paper jam messages will be ignored :) thus no print queue pauseing.

Wazzer
01-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Guys thanks so much for all your suggestions. You have been most helpful. I will go away and try the SNMP thing, if not I will try Knightfalls suggestions. Knightfall, all your assumptions are correct by the way.

It seems that there are 2 problems here, sometimes the job can't get through to the copier (intermittent problem only so I would have thought IP address ok) and when it can't, the job gets stuck in the print queue. Hopefully the SNMP uncheck will help to clear the latter problem. Perhaps the former problem is a dodgy NIC on the copier, but we will see.

As Arnie would say, I'll be back.

Thanks again people........................

Custom Search