PDA

View Full Version : printer driver

Custom Search

selmila
10-05-2012, 03:49 PM
hi, is there any drivers available for KM printers to get better colour and image than what KM provide?

emujo
10-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Each KM driver has quality settings in "printing Preferences"..you can select various levels from DTP, photo etc....This being said, your MFP has a certain "gamut" that it can print...different drivers can't make the MFP print outside this range..Adding the Fiery can get you a little better output because the exact range of the printer can be scanned back to the Fiery and it can use these calibrations to assist, but still, if you try to go outside these ranges, it won't look correct. Monitors can also be the cause of color differences, older monitors can give you an image on the screen that looks very different from what the actual output is...you can try to use the profile of your monitor instead of the default "allow windows to manage" feature. Emujo

MFPTech
10-05-2012, 06:34 PM
hi, is there any drivers available for KM printers to get better colour and image than what KM provide?

For best results you must use KM drivers depends on the applications that the customer is printing from. True postscript, Fiery is preferred. However, this is only the beginning of the color management process ... Are you familiar with color calibration and color profiles?

Synaux
10-06-2012, 04:16 AM
What programs are your outputting from?
As already noted you really need to invest a lot of time to learn your color management for your OS and programs--if you are serious about this I strongly suggest coughing up some cash and get a book on the subject.

Its not the easiest stuff to not only retain, but understand.
If you have any questions about it feel free to ask.

As far as drivers go, you can have state of the art drivers and have the worst color output without proper calibrations.

Also, if your color quality is poor in general, you might want to consider calibrating your copier itself.
What machines are you working with by the way?

selmila
10-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Each KM driver has quality settings in "printing Preferences"..you can select various levels from DTP, photo etc....This being said, your MFP has a certain "gamut" that it can print...different drivers can't make the MFP print outside this range..Adding the Fiery can get you a little better output because the exact range of the printer can be scanned back to the Fiery and it can use these calibrations to assist, but still, if you try to go outside these ranges, it won't look correct. Monitors can also be the cause of color differences, older monitors can give you an image on the screen that looks very different from what the actual output is...you can try to use the profile of your monitor instead of the default "allow windows to manage" feature. Emujo

Thanq sir for replying me about the subject. I am working on KM C252 MFP and tried with quality settings but it looks like it dose not match the colour on the monitor.This time i will check with the monitor it looks old.

selmila
10-06-2012, 09:34 PM
For best results you must use KM drivers depends on the applications that the customer is printing from. True postscript, Fiery is preferred. However, this is only the beginning of the color management process ... Are you familiar with color calibration and color profiles?

HI Sir.Thanq for replying to me.i am working on KM C252 ,it do not have the option of Fiery and i changed the quality settings in the drivers but the customer is not happy because the colour do not match.

selmila
10-06-2012, 09:38 PM
What programs are your outputting from?
As already noted you really need to invest a lot of time to learn your color management for your OS and programs--if you are serious about this I strongly suggest coughing up some cash and get a book on the subject.

Its not the easiest stuff to not only retain, but understand.
If you have any questions about it feel free to ask.

As far as drivers go, you can have state of the art drivers and have the worst color output without proper calibrations.

Also, if your color quality is poor in general, you might want to consider calibrating your copier itself.
What machines are you working with by the way?

hi Sir, i am working on KM C252 and C352 MFP and these machines do not have Fiery.

KenB
10-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Thanq sir for replying me about the subject. I am working on KM C252 MFP and tried with quality settings but it looks like it dose not match the colour on the monitor.This time i will check with the monitor it looks old.

Anyone experienced with color printing knows that it is nearly if not impossible to get output to match a monitor.

Printers are CMYK, and monitors (as well as your eyes), are RGB devices.

Their color gamuts simply do not match.

No offense, but it sounds to me like you need some color theory training.

The worst color customers we have are the ones who hold up a print next to their monitor and say "It doesn't match!" - we know we're in for a battle when that happens - it's every color technician's or systems analyst's worst nightmare.

selmila
10-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Anyone experienced with color printing knows that it is nearly if not impossible to get output to match a monitor.

Printers are CMYK, and monitors (as well as your eyes), are RGB devices.

Their color gamuts simply do not match.

No offense, but it sounds to me like you need some color theory training.

The worst color customers we have are the ones who hold up a print next to their monitor and say "It doesn't match!" - we know we're in for a battle when that happens - it's every color technician's or systems analyst's worst nightmare.

Well I do understand and agree with u Sir.

Mr Spock
10-06-2012, 11:44 PM

I actually had the customer run to the bathroom ( they said they had to go) and while they were there I tweaked the monitor so it did match.
Then I ran a color calibration routine ( I downloaded off the net a few years ago) and reset the monitor like it was suppose to be.
Then I had them pull up the job in question and it looked exactly like the paper copy. But this is not the colors the customer wanted. They recreacted the job to what they wanted and have been happy ever since. Now they run the monitor calibration and machine calibration once a day and have been one of the few that do not complain about color match unless there really is an issue.

Custom Search