PDA

View Full Version : Line on side edge

Custom Search

paulrid
10-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Hi all,

Ive searched for this but can't see any info.

I have seen a few c252/352 with a line on the side edge towards he back of the machine, line can be any colour. Most of the time it seems to me to be either paper position or IU.
do ou guys have any thoughts on this?

Thanks Paul.

minimerlin
10-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Happens quite a lot! Either change the IU that is causing the line..or just adjust the physical position of the paper trays to move the paper towards the front of the machine enough to be out of the area of the line! Make sure all trays are clear!

EarthKmTech
10-07-2012, 08:48 AM
a temporary fix is to remove and reinsert the relevant IU after cleaning its HV contacts.

I've had it come back 30 minutes later, a day later or not at all.

You're actually better off changing it as it will constantly waste toner from the relevant IU.

Stray toner in these machines is a problem enough in itself destroying imaging units by contaminating their charge grids, you don't need to add to the problem.

paulrid
10-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks for he replays.

What I should do when I have some time is take a faulty IU apart and check / clean he charge can and see if I can fix it, I'll let you know how I get on.

Paul.

JustManuals
10-07-2012, 09:40 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Custom Search