PDA

View Full Version : C452 toner replenish problem

Custom Search

rfisherfs
10-06-2012, 11:16 PM
I have an issue with a c452, it threw a replenish toner error when the toner bottle wasn't empty. I replaced the toner bottle and the copier resumed function. It is making a loud ticking noise as it copies, and every 200 copies or so it throws a replenish toner error, I reseat the toner and it continues to work. It seems to be having a problem automatically replenishing toner. No other error codes or warnings to speak of, just the clicking sound and low toner. Anyone have any insight into this one?

Thanks,
Rob

EarthKmTech
10-06-2012, 11:22 PM
If the trap door for toner entry is missing/broken on one of the colour iu's/black developing unit, the toner supply shutter will not open on the bottom of the respective toner hopper. Toner compaction will occur in that hopper and its motor will struggle and the gears will make grinding noises.

That would be my first check as its an extremely common issue.

I've also had the door on the bottom of the toner cartridge come off and also the door on the top of the hopper, which all cause the same symptoms. So in short, just ensure the toner is flowing into its respective imaging unit unobstructed.

rfisherfs
10-07-2012, 04:43 AM
Bottom trap door was the problem, all is back to normal. Thanks a million!

EarthKmTech
10-07-2012, 08:30 AM
No problems, only seen that about 4 million times before :cool:

Custom Search