PDA

View Full Version : Heavy black print: Magicolour 7450 II

Custom Search

Roger
10-08-2012, 11:09 PM
I have a 7450 II, still in warranty, which has recently begun to print very heavily and with lack of clarity and focus. I mostly print music in black and white. I use an iMac and MacBook which both have the same problem; several different applications have the same result. Printing to another machine is OK as is using a generic driver so it seems the problem is the driver. I have reinstalled the driver and even upgraded to 10.8 to try to resolve this. I have spoken to several of the support staff who are unable to help and I have now been told that the case will be closed as there is nothing they can do to help. Has anyone else had this driver problem?

Synaux
10-09-2012, 03:17 AM
I have a 7450 II, still in warranty, which has recently begun to print very heavily and with lack of clarity and focus. I mostly print music in black and white. I use an iMac and MacBook which both have the same problem; several different applications have the same result. Printing to another machine is OK as is using a generic driver so it seems the problem is the driver. I have reinstalled the driver and even upgraded to 10.8 to try to resolve this. I have spoken to several of the support staff who are unable to help and I have now been told that the case will be closed as there is nothing they can do to help. Has anyone else had this driver problem?

What is this other machine that you are printing from (Mac, Windows, Linux, etc). Or are you saying that you are printing to a different magicolor with your mac computers with generic drivers (whatever those are)?
If so, I am not convinced it is a driver issue.

Maybe you can upload a scan/picture of such a print.

Roger
10-09-2012, 10:19 AM
What is this other machine that you are printing from (Mac, Windows, Linux, etc). Or are you saying that you are printing to a different magicolor with your mac computers with generic drivers (whatever those are)?
If so, I am not convinced it is a driver issue.

Maybe you can upload a scan/picture of such a print.
Thanks for your reply; sorry to be confusing. My 2 computers are iMac and MacBook. The alternative printer which gives satisfactory printing results is an HP laser-jet. The generic driver is a non-specific driver which allows some printing facilities but not the full range that you get from a specific driver.
Any more suggestions, please?
Roger

Synaux
10-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks for your reply; sorry to be confusing. My 2 computers are iMac and MacBook. The alternative printer which gives satisfactory printing results is an HP laser-jet. The generic driver is a non-specific driver which allows some printing facilities but not the full range that you get from a specific driver.
Any more suggestions, please?
Roger

Okay I get it now.

Trying borrowing a Windows laptop or something to verify it is the Mac drivers--if you can print fine with a windows computer to your magicolor, then you might be right about the drivers.
Otherwise, if the prints exhibit the same issues then it is almost certainly something to do with the printer itself.

What program(s) are you using mostly to print from?

Roger
10-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Okay I get it now.

Trying borrowing a Windows laptop or something to verify it is the Mac drivers--if you can print fine with a windows computer to your magicolor, then you might be right about the drivers.
Otherwise, if the prints exhibit the same issues then it is almost certainly something to do with the printer itself.

What program(s) are you using mostly to print from?
Thanks for that suggestion. I had thought of that but haven't got easy access to a Windows machine. I'll look further.
I use Pages, Numbers, Mail etc. but the critical one is Finale, my music printing programme. I have a small business selling music and can't at the moment produce a good product.
thank you for your interest and help.

Custom Search