PDA

View Full Version : BH 600 scan options missing....

Custom Search

havokprod
10-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Long time lurker first time poster.

Having trouble with a bizhub 600.

When scan option is selected. Program, Group, Address book, are not there the only thing that can be selected is Direct input. If I got to one touch registration and add a scan to ftp or scan to smb button they don’t appear in the address book like it normally would.

Under admin settings ftp tx enabled smb tx is also enabled. I’ve done network initialization under tech rep. I’ve turn off and then on all network options, formatted the hdd, removed the hdd. I’ve compared dip switches with another machine and nothing jumps out. Firmware is up to date phase 3.1.

On a side note thesis “masks” resides on the nvram. If I switch the nvram from another machine everything comes back and works. But I really don’t want to do that way … I will lose the main meter count for starters, all the parts counters, and any voltage adjustments as well. I also believe this copier was originally at a bank or some other institution where security was really important.

So how do I get all my options back? Is it a dip switch that I missed or some thing to do with the “enhanced security” feature that the machine has and that I know nothing about.

TIA
Also if this has been covered in the past I’m sorry for the post

-Aldo

Shadow
10-09-2012, 06:25 PM
read the manual and go in and disable the enhanced security mode.
this should allow you to reset everything and get the scanning working again.
have you contacted tech support?
I believe there is another procedure you have to do as well, but can't remember all of it at the moment.

blackcat4866
10-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Check to see if your HDD is "Set". The function to enable it is in Sys1 or Sys2 > options ...
=^..^=

Darren King
10-10-2012, 01:33 PM
This may help.
Unable to create or edit a one-touch destination
Solution:
Cause: "Registering and Changing Addresses" is set to "Restrict" in the Administrator Settings

Solution: To change address restriction setting please perform the following:

1. Log into Administrator Mode.
2. Select System Settings.
3. Select Restrict User.
4. Select Restrict Access To Job Settings.
5. Change "Registering and Changing Addresses" from "restrict" to "allow".
6. Exit out of "Administrator Mode".

Custom Search