PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c360 scanning question

Custom Search

brent
10-09-2012, 07:09 PM
scanner has been working great. friday it started acting up. it will scan the document just like it always had. then it says.. failed to c omplete job. check log. hit the button. then it ways scan job deleted due to error. I did a trouble reset. along with turning off and on. but I tried to do an initial. or clear. but for the life of me could not find it in this book. I have the service manual. is this something in the server. or somthing in this machine. could I get a little help? thank you very much

brent

blackcat4866
10-09-2012, 07:37 PM
What kind of scanning? Email, SMB, FTP? What error?

All of these things are pertinent to your inquiry. And please don't try any sort of an All Clear. The only thing for sure is that you'll have more problems to solve afterwards.
=^..^=

brent
10-09-2012, 09:18 PM
sorry bout that. it is scan to email. they are set up in a one touch tab. like I said. it worked great. then now nothing. it does not give any other code then failure to complete job. check log. then it says scan job deleted due to error. no other codes. hope that helps clarify. thanks black cat

brent

mo0651
10-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Hit the details button and it should say something like server connect error, or login error.

EarthKmTech
10-09-2012, 10:58 PM
If nothing has changed on the copier and it no longer scans i guarantee something has changed on the mail server or network environment, just like always, its almost never the copiers fault.

Dont you guys get any network training ? Its essential knowledge to be in this industry now, and if they're not providing it, ask why not. You'd be surprised how awesome customers think you are when you know more than their IT staff and fix an issue they didn't understand, even though you slap them with a bill.

TheOwl
10-09-2012, 11:07 PM
As above, go into the details of the job which will give you further details as to the reason of why the job was deleted.

Chances are with the scan to email is that the email server has been upgraded, or the recieve connectors may have been changed or SSL may have been enabled.

If your customer is using Exchange 2007 or 2010, then this should help you out without going into how to setup the machine to work with the standard connectors.

kingarthur
10-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Everytime we have a problem like this, it's been the customers network, had one last week, customer phones & says Biz 283 not scanning, they've turned it off & on & their "IT" have said it's not the network, i asked if the other Biz 283 they have is scanning, they answer "no"....obvious it wasn't the m/c's...but their "IT" couldn't work that one out....

blackcat4866
10-11-2012, 01:19 AM
Everytime we have a problem like this, it's been the customers network, had one last week, customer phones & says Biz 283 not scanning, they've turned it off & on & their "IT" have said it's not the network, i asked if the other Biz 283 they have is scanning, they answer "no"....obvious it wasn't the m/c's...but their "IT" couldn't work that one out....

Yeah. All the MFP's broke simultaneously. Think about this a second.

I had a paper jam call like that last week. On a Saturn won't feed their letterhead from tray #1, or tray #2, or any of the (6) other FS-2020's, or the HP printers. So it won't feed through any of your machines. Do you think they all broke simultaneously, or maybe something much simpler?

brent
10-11-2012, 04:38 PM
yes their email server does this probably twice a month. and it is always our fault.. but I can pull a log up and it says the scan was sent from the mfp. I have the computer guy going out there and going to do a scan to smb or ftp. the email server they are using. is godaddy.com and it works. but not very good around here.

the wierd thing is that this time on the scanning using it just wont scan and says check job log.
I do hope it is their server

Kidaver
10-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Probably not even related to your issue but a good thing to have a heads up on....I had a customer go in and change the job reset when an original is placed in the DF under the reset menu...it would stop jobs that were still scanning when they'd place the next stack of papers in the ADF....

Mr Spock
10-12-2012, 12:06 AM
the email server they are using. is godaddy.com and it works. but not very good around here.

I have 4 companies that use godaddy and none of them work with scan to email. They setup a gmail account for the copier and they do not have any issues.

wseyller
10-12-2012, 12:50 AM
I had a C360 today with server communication error when doing scan to email. They could print over the network. I tried different smtp servers with no luck. It turned out a dns network address cause the issue. The last # end in 249. I set the machine to automatically obtain network information. It changed the dns ip to a # ending in 248. Then it finally fixed it. Then i just changed the ip of the machine back to its normal ip address.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

rrrohan
10-12-2012, 01:19 AM
ive had it the where copier was on DHCP and was assigned a different IP which then broke the TCP/IP Address Relay in Exchange Server.

Mita-Konica-Tech
10-12-2012, 01:22 AM
I have 4 companies that use godaddy and none of them work with scan to email. They setup a gmail account for the copier and they do not have any issues.

I use the gmail account all the time and I never have any problems with Google...go figure...

brent
10-12-2012, 07:06 AM
I appreciate all the help. we are looking into this. we are a small company and I do all the tech support. all mfp fixing. everything... I do some networking on our own machines in shop. so consequently I have to hire out networking. I have over 350 machines in the field. and thank gosh they don't all break down at the same time. someone mentioned that I should be more of a network guy? that would be great. and I am learning more and more. I also sell copiers as well. so my sales rep and tech rep are always getting me to go to sales schools and tech schools. some of the problems with owning a small dealership. point is. I really rely on this board for help from time to time. and offer advice as well. I donate to this board a few times a year. I feel it is neccesary for me to pay up. for the knowlege I gain here. and would like to thank you guys and gals here that help me out. it is a wonderful tool in my tool box.. thanks again

avecosat
10-16-2012, 06:02 PM
I have two copiers ( C-250 and C-220 ) in the same client and the two machines work well at the same time with a scan to email but one day the C-220 left to work and it will be imposible make to do work again , I make a test with another account and work it perfect but with the parameter of the client was imposible and with the parameters of the C-250 doesnŽt work also . The network guy told me that is not a exchange problem but I dont understand anything .... any idea ? Thanks.:D

P.D : Sorry for my English

TheOwl
10-17-2012, 01:20 AM
I have two copiers ( C-250 and C-220 ) in the same client and the two machines work well at the same time with a scan to email but one day the C-220 left to work and it will be imposible make to do work again , I make a test with another account and work it perfect but with the parameter of the client was imposible and with the parameters of the C-250 doesnŽt work also . The network guy told me that is not a exchange problem but I dont understand anything .... any idea ? Thanks.:D

P.D : Sorry for my English

If your client is running Exchange, then you should get their network guy to read through the document that I posted earlier in this thread which resolves the issues of having to use authenticated accounts with Exchange. The machines will just be allow to scan without any account information entered into them.

There could be a possibility that your account that you are using from the machine is currently locked for some reason which is why another account may work. If you can prove that the machine works with one account and not another, then you have already proved that the machine is NOT at fault.

avecosat
10-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks IŽll do .:)

brent
10-17-2012, 06:34 PM
just as a quick followup I am posting new iformation. what the cliend did not tell me is they had a power outage. and the computer guy replaced a switch and a router. then it wouldn't scan. I wish I would have known that. and the ports were turned off. no scan. but the issue has been resolved. as we are scanning to smb now. there is an extra step to scan but it is very reliable. when we scan from the mfp it seems that we can not rename a file. when they get to the computer. it is all nu mbers. is there a way to rename certain scans to keep track of them better on the computer side? at least its scanning
and it was not the mfp s fault. lol thanks guys

brent

Albonline
10-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Depending on model, you can name each scan, in scan settings tab on mfp.

blackcat4866
10-18-2012, 12:45 AM
Those "numbers" are a date/time stamp:
SKMBT year month day hour minute second

You can tell from that which is the most recent.
=^..^=

Custom Search