PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Fax over T1 line

Custom Search

emujo
10-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Preface...I am aware that KM does not support this type of fax line...I have the latest settings for VOIP..but still, when sales doesn't ask any questions and now some ungodly amount of money is on the line and the operational/non-operational status if the freaking fax board is gonna kill a sale, we the techs are suposed to work miracles...

Old batch of Bizhub 500's relaced with new 552 and C284s..of course, faxes are dropping to the tune of about 50% on 2-3 pages, and close to 100% with anything over 10 pages..Always the same error (R07)..Sales guy saw the old 500s and assumed analog fax line as customers had no complaints about faxing. I know the issue is because the old 500s had some old time fax board and no CPU to run the show versus the new 552/C284 with on board CPU controlling all activity...I also know the fax line has a digital frequency running on it and this is causing the new fax boards to give up...I have the required 2 wire installed, input the recommended settings for VOIP, and installed a DSL filter (even tried "daisey chaining" the filters) all with little success..

If anyone has any input that might help I would be very grateful...When the customer puts a $100 POS from Office Depot and every fax pops in correctly, but the 10K new MFP can't seem to get anything in, it's difficult to explain why..Adding an analog phone line is "out of the question" per the customer as "we were told all was fine"..Thanks in advance. Emuoj

Mr Spock
10-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Tell customer and sales rep they need to invest in an SIP device which KM does not sell or offer support on but will work with most KM machines.
Also verify that tip and ring are configured correctly....

emujo
10-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Just an update..thanks for the input Spock...but customer won't budge..will not add analog line as we didn't mention the need for it...but I did call Verizon on this...rep said I'll test the line..she tried 3 times and says "the test didn't pass/fail, we don't see the line". Customer says can you come out and look at this? Verizon says sure, but if it's not our problem we have to bill you...Customer spends $1000 per month for T1 line and support wont come out to diagnose issue unless she agrees to possible bill. Verizon, you suck!!!Emujo

acusso1234
10-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Hello, Emujo. A few years ago Km stated with a tecnical note the fact that they don't support Voip lines. That said, i remember the suggestion to change some parameters and the advice to try one change at time...It is on the old site, i can have access at it...If you think this can help you say yes and i'll give a look for it...

nmfaxman
10-11-2012, 02:47 AM
I would reduce the Tx and Rx start speed to 28.8 or less and turn off ECM.
The cheap faxes have a 28.8 start speed. MFP's start at 44.2 or 33.6 and can't read the RTN signal right.
Customers don't care how fast, just reliable.

emujo
10-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Hello, Emujo. A few years ago Km stated with a tecnical note the fact that they don't support Voip lines. That said, i remember the suggestion to change some parameters and the advice to try one change at time...It is on the old site, i can have access at it...If you think this can help you say yes and i'll give a look for it...

Thanks for the response, but I have access to those docs and have tried the settings listed in them..Emujo

Custom Search