PDA

View Full Version : C451 C550 C650 255B Power supply !!!

Custom Search

Kenny
10-11-2012, 01:38 PM
we have had 4 or 5 machines that have failed with code 255B turns out changing the power supply sorts it straight away, just wondering if anyone else have had so many go ??

and can anyone fix the old units ?

cheers

Dave

dac@copiercompany.co.uk

habik
10-11-2012, 04:18 PM
we have had 4 or 5 machines that have failed with code 255B turns out changing the power supply sorts it straight away, just wondering if anyone else have had so many go ??

and can anyone fix the old units ?

cheers

Dave

dac@copiercompany.co.uk

Haven't had it yet. What is the mileage on the machines?

C255B corresponds with Yellow TCR sensor ..a bit weird combination to have PWR Supply to go.
What steps have you done before changing the Pwr Supply

Have you cleaned the IU?
How many times have you changed the IU Y?
Was it chipped?
Compacted toner in IU?
What are the humidity readings in the enviroment?
Have you had a BK dev. leakage in to the machine? prior to the modification of devs and the bracket?

I am sure the Pwr Supplies can be fixed.

907tec
10-11-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm guessing that you meant to write C225B, not C255B.

I don't have too many of these in my area, but I did have this exact same problem pop up a few months ago. The machine was located on a cruise ship that comes in to port once every week or two, and by the time I saw the error counters, it had over 200 K drum drive codes. There were also some other strange issues happening, like losing connection to the ADF/Horizontal Transport/Finisher. The machine would not be able to scan or copy using the ADF, and would jam at the horizontal transport entrance because the main body no longer recognized them. Finisher and ADF were not disabled in trouble isolation, and their respective menus were no longer available in Service Mode. Replacing the DCPU fixed the problem...though I did replace the K drum drive motor at the same time, just to be sure.

As a side note, all ICP's and fuses on my failed DCPU checked out fine, so I don't think it will be too easy to repair the board itself. I might get around to sending the board to Hytec, just to see if they can identify the issue (at a reasonable cost).

susanta_gaan
04-27-2015, 04:54 AM
I have KM bizhub c550 which becomes dead after no light at Control panel . i am presenting the list of steps taken
1.Checked power voltage supplied across PJ1DCPU-1 and 2 on DCPU and i found voltage at PJ1 is 230V but no voltage at PJ2.Can any body help me to find the voltage at PJ2 is the o/p voltage of DCPU. if it is o/p what is its magnitude . Any sorts of hardware related help is highly appreciated

susanta_gaan
04-28-2015, 07:25 AM
can anybody provide any idea to repair DCPU of bizhub c550. What is the voltage at PJ2?

EarthKmTech
04-28-2015, 01:19 PM
it will be dried out electrolytic caps most likely, these machines are not new anymore. Theres no shortage of them on there and finding the ones responsible will be time consuming. I would suspect it to be the 24v rail that does not live up to expectations causing the motor codes but you never know, it may not be. Should be easy enough to work out with a scope and plenty of time.

I have salvaged caps off km power supplies before, the vast majority did test within specification, though a few did not. Back in those days they were actually decent quality Japanese caps and worth salvaging. Not on todays rubbish.

susanta_gaan
04-29-2015, 04:23 PM
it will be dried out electrolytic caps most likely, these machines are not new anymore. Theres no shortage of them on there and finding the ones responsible will be time consuming. I would suspect it to be the 24v rail that does not live up to expectations causing the motor codes but you never know, it may not be. Should be easy enough to work out with a scope and plenty of time.

I have salvaged caps off km power supplies before, the vast majority did test within specification, though a few did not. Back in those days they were actually decent quality Japanese caps and worth salvaging. Not on todays rubbish.
Thank u sir for ur prompt reply, I'll let u know about shorting or dryness of o/p capacitor. Regarding motor code, i was not getting such code during normal operation but the control pannel display intermittently goes on/off sometimes

Elmo
04-29-2015, 04:32 PM
ive used Electroversal in Luton UK in the past to repair these power supplies think its about £50 always done a good job
may have gone up a bit by now not had one faulty for a few years

susanta_gaan
05-08-2015, 04:35 AM
PJ2 should give 24v dc

Custom Search