PDA

View Full Version : Konica C 6501 with error codes C-4501, C-4502, C-4503 and/or C-4504 error codes

Custom Search

Mita-Konica-Tech
10-12-2012, 01:15 AM
well I'm stumped on this one....
I responded to a tech assist call on a KM C6501 that was down due to C-4520 at boot up... the machine had been down for a week with multiple issues. Now it's my problem....! and now I have three days and 16 on site hours.....

Color 603253
Black 112884
Firmware -50

First issue:
1. C-4511 occurs intermittently and disables machine.
2. Replaced Printer Control Board
3. Replaced Yellow Write Unit (third time in two weeks).
4. Performed several machine adjustments, without effect.

Updated firmware to version 70
Performed recall standard data factory initial for printer and process adjustments
Got a 4520 at boot up
Ran test pattern and yellow was skewed
Installed original write unit in yellow slot - yellow was still skewed

Ran write initial position adjustment and coded with C-4511
Opened write unit and repositioned laser correction

When running "Writing Init. Pos. Memory = Unable to adjust Yellow....Error C-4511
Replaced Yellow and Magenta Write Units
Replaced Imaging Processing Board

Reinstalled Firmware

LD bias adjustment for Yellow and Magenta write units = No errors...

But when I run the Writing Init Pos. Memory I get error
Replaced the Yellow write unit again...

also swapped out a complete transfer belt assembally - same result
unable to perform color registration manual Adjustment Error 13 and 5
Auto Color Registration Yellow has a Skew of +49.0 Magenta and Cyan within norm.... This results in a C4501 Code

Replaced Printer Control Board again just in case it was damaged and to verify I'm not nuts...

Notes:
a. Writing Init Pos. Memory : when running this adjustment C, M, and K no errors..... Yellow Write unit starts knocking and crashes...

b. LD Bias Adjustment ..... Standard operating procedure is to run this adjustment after replacing write units.... This adjustment does not error out even though it should since the "Write Init Pos. Memory" errors out on the Yellow write unit....

c. I/O check mode was run to lock in the new write units "Position A and Position B" no error...

d. CD Skew Adjustment ..... Black is right on the money.....Since every thing is depended on black being in proper alignment....before you can run Color Reg on the CMY for Linearity of K

e. Restart Timing Adjustment...... On the Money

f. Color Registration Adjustment...... Throws a Code 4520

g. Color Registration/Manual (Adjustment)....... Can't perform because the Yellow is so skewed ...... Actual reading on Yellow is +45.0 ....Cyan Magenta and Black are all about the same 00.4

h. Auto Gamma Adjustment......no errors.....

i. Write unit ske adjustment - is centered for Yellow which be the problem but it doesn't solve my problem

I have attached a sample for your review..... this may be something simple I'm overlooking but at least today the machine is passing copy's....even though Yellow is off... One other note I also replaced the wiring harness from the Printer control board to the write units....I think the previous tech damaged it ... therefore the machine no longer crashes at boot.... Thanks for any thoughts on this issue:confused:....Brian

17632http://www.zoominto.com/zoomapi/ZoomButt.gif

Mita-Konica-Tech
10-12-2012, 01:43 AM
One other thing... I have ordered a color reg assay and will replace in morning ... but I sure this will not solve my problem...! My tech rep from KM says I done everything he would have done... and is scheduled to come out next week to take a look....(call was upgraded for a field visit) but I would prefer to resolve this problem before he arrives....so if anybody has any thoughts I would appreciate it.....

SCHWARZ
10-12-2012, 11:06 AM
maybe you can checking the encorder assy intermediate transfer unit.

Mita-Konica-Tech
10-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Replaced color Registration Assy - same result yellow skewed.... back to the drawing board...

acusso1234
10-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Did you look for foreign materials under the y drum?

blackcat4866
10-15-2012, 01:19 AM
I was just thinking, you've replaced everything from the optical side a couple times, but what about the yellow drum? If it was not running true, a perfectly oriented laser could write a skewed image onto a wobbling drum. I think I'd also look at the yellow drum drive while in there. Are those drums interchangeable, i.e.: could you swap a cyan with a yellow drum? That might tell you something.

Perhaps the laser is trying to self-adjust to the limits of it's adjustment, then breaking that self-adjuster.

Sorry I can't offer anything more specific. Can I assume that this machine is constructed somewhat like the PRESS C6000? =^..^=

Mita-Konica-Tech
10-15-2012, 02:35 AM
Did you look for foreign materials under the y drum?

Nothing under the drum, installed new drums...

Mita-Konica-Tech
10-15-2012, 02:52 AM
I was just thinking, you've replaced everything from the optical side a couple times, but what about the yellow drum? If it was not running true, a perfectly oriented laser could write a skewed image onto a wobbling drum. I think I'd also look at the yellow drum drive while in there. Are those drums interchangeable, i.e.: could you swap a cyan with a yellow drum? That might tell you something.

Perhaps the laser is trying to self-adjust to the limits of it's adjustment, then breaking that self-adjuster.

Sorry I can't offer anything more specific. Can I assume that this machine is constructed somewhat like the PRESS C6000? =^..^=

Yes I swapped the drums and eventually replaced all four drums..... Also swapped the yellow and magenta drum drive shafts (motor assay) thinking that the shaft holding the drum may be wrapped, note the shaft drives between two bearings and I verified the bearings were not damaged (rounded out).... if you zoom in on the test pattern I uploaded you will note it's only the back side of the output (Yellow) from lead to trail...

It's like the the laser (write unit) is jack-up on one side when writing.... but from viewing the assembly it looks perfect....

and yes to your question: it's produced on the same production line as the 6000/7000 series....

I have a feeling it's something simple and I have over engineered the problem.... I need the KISS the problem.... "Keep It Simple Stupid"

Mita-Konica-Tech
10-19-2012, 02:41 AM
Just wanted to update this post:

It's Fixed...:)

Problem was the Printer Driver Board was causing overdriving lens motor in rear direction, when running the "Write Memory Position" adjustment. Which in turned damaged the write units.... basically causing the motor overdriving and causing the wire wrap around the post and hanging up on the frame...You will have to open up the write unit to understand what I'm talking about...

Even thought I changed two write units and then changed the printer driver board again... The two new write units were damaged by the board... a vicious cycle... LOL.... 4 write units, imaging processing board and 3 printer control boards later .... it's fixed.... has anybody noticed a lot of printer driver boards coming out of Konica have issues...?

And this all started when the previous tech swapped the write units to test something (long story) and never ran the proper adjustments (write memory & LD1) to align/change info in the control of the PDB.....

Now on to new and challenging issues....LOL Seriously I have a job interview this weekend... Wish me Luck....http://www.zoominto.com/zoomapi/ZoomButt.gif

blackcat4866
10-20-2012, 01:39 AM
Congratulations, and good luck. =^..^=

Arcadian
08-08-2013, 04:33 AM
for the 4520, I would have replaced the Image Transfer unit or belt.

But im getting 4501 error, after running calibration. im dumbfounded as it wont register the color after replacing write unit on magenta will replace it back to see if error comes back

Arcadian

cxtqd
01-06-2016, 03:04 PM
Just wanted to update this post:

It's Fixed...:)

Problem was the Printer Driver Board was causing overdriving lens motor in rear direction, when running the "Write Memory Position" adjustment. Which in turned damaged the write units.... basically causing the motor overdriving and causing the wire wrap around the post and hanging up on the frame...You will have to open up the write unit to understand what I'm talking about...

Even thought I changed two write units and then changed the printer driver board again... The two new write units were damaged by the board... a vicious cycle... LOL.... 4 write units, imaging processing board and 3 printer control boards later .... it's fixed.... has anybody noticed a lot of printer driver boards coming out of Konica have issues...?

And this all started when the previous tech swapped the write units to test something (long story) and never ran the proper adjustments (write memory & LD1) to align/change info in the control of the PDB.....

Now on to new and challenging issues....LOL Seriously I have a job interview this weekend... Wish me Luck....http://www.zoominto.com/zoomapi/ZoomButt.gif

Can you better explain it?
My konica c6501 is also in the same situation.
Thanks

Custom Search