PDA

View Full Version : c220/280/360 drums

Custom Search

Max
10-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Are the colour and black drums the same in c220/260/360 colour copiers? Can i interchange them? Physically they look the same and black seam to fit in to colour slot without any problem. I was thinking of ordering black drums and using them instead of colour just replacing the ID chips on them. Can it be done?

Ta.

habik
10-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Are the colour and black drums the same in c220/260/360 colour copiers? Can i interchange them? Physically they look the same and black seam to fit in to colour slot without any problem. I was thinking of ordering black drums and using them instead of colour just replacing the ID chips on them. Can it be done?

Ta.

Yes.

Wolli1207
10-26-2012, 08:19 AM
Yes the Drums are the same, only the ID-Chip is for the black another

Mike Watson
11-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Hi

I thought that the black drums have a different resistance value than the colours, the colour drums are ok to interchange though.

I could be wrong but that is what I seem to remember.

Kidaver
11-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Just got out of class for this machine. If you put a drum in a machine you basically "marry" that part to the machine. So you can't just go swapping drums and devs for testing purposes. You have to go thru a certain setting in Service Mode to turn off the new item mode and then you can only get 10 copies out of the machine before it then marries the drum or dev to the machine. So just swapping drums and devs for testing purposes is a bad idea.

ni311
11-08-2012, 05:48 PM
The release function you are talking about in the Service Mode is used only you want to test a NEW drum / developing assy. With this function, the unit will remain 'new', meaning that when installed on a different machine it will be detected as a new item. But you can do whatever you want with the old drums, you can swap them with no problem, just it won't be detected as a new unit, that's all.

Custom Search