PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub c450 Unable to Configure TCP/IP

Custom Search

johnkuo562
01-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Hello im not able to change the IP address or subnet mask for some reason. Noticed DHCP is set to on also and can not be turned off. Seems like its locked guys so I hope you can help.

laserman06
01-04-2008, 11:23 PM
Do you mean it won't allow you to turn it off, or it won't stay off?

peter lynn
01-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Hello im not able to change the IP address or subnet mask for some reason. Noticed DHCP is set to on also and can not be turned off. Seems like its locked guys so I hope you can help.
then switch off dhcp and then you can change i/p address etc

mikeena
01-04-2008, 11:48 PM
well thats a good one it you can not change it at all. do you now if there is enhanced security turned on, or possiably a dipswitch is set.

Scott_Lewis
01-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Do we even know which controller he has on this m/c?

John, how many ethernet jacks are on the right side of the copier? You will notice the copier has an overhang at the back side. Is there another controller mounted under the overhang?

johnkuo562
01-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Tried calling the place were we leased the copier and they want to charge me for someone to come out to just change the IP address. Now if the printer was jamming then I would have no problem calling for service but not for changing the IP address. If anyone can tell me about the dip switches I will give that a try. I have no idea where the dip switches are located also. Thanks for your response guys your the best

RockETop
01-05-2008, 09:06 PM
then switch off dhcp and then you can change i/p address etc

Yup...

fernan
01-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Tried calling the place were we leased the copier and they want to charge me for someone to come out to just change the IP address. Now if the printer was jamming then I would have no problem calling for service but not for changing the IP address. If anyone can tell me about the dip switches I will give that a try. I have no idea where the dip switches are located also. Thanks for your response guys your the best

disable the dhcp then switch off and on the machine

johnkuo562
01-06-2008, 01:44 AM
When I enter the network setup I can not turn off DHCP. I tried touching the screen and nothing happens. Seems like its Locked so anyone know anything about the switches or a way to unlock the TCP/IP settings?

pepper38_cnd
01-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Have you tried changing the settings thru the web utillities?
I would guess maybe you cannot even access the web utillities?
If this is the case, then probbably enhanced security is enabled.
My suggestion is pay the service call and have the machine propperly configured by someone who knows what they are doing, if this machine was setup propperly and working fine there would be no real reason to change the ip address unless there have been changes made to the network? If this is the case I guess you could always work backwards and try and undo whatever changes have been made.

mikeena
01-06-2008, 04:15 PM
so this machine can be set for the admin to have only certain rights thru enhanced security mode. me and another co worker where wondering that but we have upgraded all of this model into the 352 and so fourth so i could not test that therory.

pepper38_cnd
01-06-2008, 07:57 PM
It appears the attachment feature is not working. You can get the Enhanced security users guide from my ftp.
ftp://pepper38.no-ip.org/bizhubC450SecurityOperationsUserGuide.pdf

User: pepper
pwd: pepper

Note enhanced security can only be enabled by a qualified tecnician.

dogsbody
01-06-2008, 09:41 PM
I hope whoever set it up didn't leave DHCP on and then set up the print drivers to print to an IP address rather than the machines host name, thus generating a chargable call every time DHCP assigns a new address.

pepper38_cnd
01-07-2008, 01:48 AM
dogsbody has apoint! If this was not set up the way the customer wanted it, or if the the customer didn't know better and let them configure it however they wanted it, then if that configuation causes a problem in the future it should not be at the cost of the customer.

mikeena
01-07-2008, 03:29 AM
what it sounds like to me is he just ought the machine used and decided that it would cost to much for a tech to come out and have them fix it. i dont think he bought it from the company and they did this.

dogsbody
01-07-2008, 06:29 AM

From this i think they are leasing it with some sort of maintanence agreement. Most companies around here don't cover much conectivity.
I think the quickest way for this to be resolved will to pay the tech to come out and when he does make sure you know exactly what he is doing. Before he goes make sure you can change the network settings on your own, pick his brain, take notes etc. Treat it as a lesson on some of the more advanced administration of the copier.

johnkuo562
01-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Does anyone know how to reset the Bizhub 450 back to factory settings?

Scott_Lewis
01-10-2008, 03:19 AM
Does anyone know how to reset the Bizhub 450 back to factory settings?

Cannot be done. I think the only way to get back to 'factory settings' is to replace the NVRAM board.

Have you tried setting the "Auto Input" for the IP address to OFF?

johnkuo562
01-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Well DHCP is set to on in the Network TCP/IP settings but im unable to change it to OFF and Unable to change the subnet mask. I can see the settings but unable to change anything on it. I think I may have to call for service. Thanks anyways guys for trying to help.

dogsbody
01-10-2008, 10:28 PM
when the tech comes out make sure to ask if any security settings are turned on that would prevent you from changing the IP address, if they are make sure he turns them off so you don't have to call again for this.
As I said before make sure you can do everything you need to be able to do before he leaves.

Scott_Lewis
01-11-2008, 03:20 AM
Well DHCP is set to on in the Network TCP/IP settings but im unable to change it to OFF and Unable to change the subnet mask. I can see the settings but unable to change anything on it. I think I may have to call for service. Thanks anyways guys for trying to help.

No "Auto Input"? Guess we are not talking about the same controller. I'm beginning to wonder if you don't have the optional controller installed and you are trying to change the standard controller.

I'm not intimately familiar with the latest KM color models as I have been focusing on the Ricoh side of things . Having said that, I suspect the standard controller becomes a slave to the optional controller when it is installed.

p.s. You never did answer my original question about what you have hanging on the back of your machine / how many ethernet connectors are present.

p.p.s. Learn as much as you can from the service tech when he does come out.:)

johnkuo562
01-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Copier guy came and said the copier has something called a fiery that needs to be accessed in order to change the IP settings. To access the fiery you need to press the Utility/Counter button then Controller Details. Then go to setup and enter the password Fiery.1 <----- Dont forget the capital "F".

Custom Search