PDA

View Full Version : Magicolor 2590MF

Custom Search

linuxxpwin
10-21-2012, 03:49 AM
Good day all, I have here a Konica Minolta Magicolor 2590MF, where the image transferred to the paper begins at least 3 inches down and while exiting fixing assembly creates a paper jam.

I have checked all Sensors all is good, I check rotary position also is doing fine. the scanner is working fine, machine appears to be ok.

Machines only have 110 copies in total, but have been down for a while as the owner could not locate a technician who can look at it, until now.

I have the service manual and parts manual, but unable to find anything that could be causing my issue.

Paper tray sensor - ok
registration sensor - ok
exit sensor -ok
clutches - ok
solenoids - ok

Any suggestions I would be grateful.

Linuxxpwin

Hansoon
10-21-2012, 07:10 AM
Sticky solenoid and or clutch goo-yed up.

Replace the black patch where the solenoid anchor sticks to.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/other-brands/16643d1325890332-magicolor-2430dl-synchrosolenoid-2490mf.jpg

Hans

blackcat4866
10-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Nice photos Hans. Apparently you've seen this one before. =^..^=

Hansoon
10-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks Cat. Yes, I have several of these in the field. I always make pictures when in the workshop doing weird things which are often hard to explain verbally. It is intended for my colleagues but also for myself cause I tend to suffer from CRS.......

Hans

linuxxpwin
10-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Thanks guys, I did clean the solenoid of the rubber stuff and replace it, but I found that the solenoid is not firing, will try another later tonight, however I may need to modify as I do not have those here in stock.

Will report later on updates.

linuxxpwin

linuxxpwin
10-22-2012, 01:33 AM
Ok, Thanks to all the help, I was able to resolve issue had a bad solenoid, modified it with a Canon as parts are not available here, and got everything working, will be placing order for correct part, as this is only a temp measure to keep customer going.

Thanks again all.

linuxxpwin

Hansoon
10-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Weird, I never had a whole solenoid not working. Did you replace the black patch with something the same thickness? If its too thin than the anchor itself will stick to the frame by magnetic force.

Hans

linuxxpwin
10-22-2012, 11:45 AM
yes i did, I even tested outside of machine it just does not get energize, after modifying with a Canon replacement, it worked then.

I am indeed grateful for all the information given.

linuxxpwin

Custom Search