PDA

View Full Version : minoltadi 450/ 550

Custom Search

brent
10-21-2012, 05:32 PM
still have some of these out in the field. had a problem with one. just wanted to run it by the board here first. machine turns on for about 2 seconds and shuts off. however. if I leave the front cover down. it will never shut off. but as soon as I shut the front cover. it is done. I am thinking powersupply. and will bring one in tomorrow. any other thoughts? I appreciate you time gents and gals

brent

Hansoon
10-21-2012, 06:13 PM
I also would say power supply, If it still has the old one with the two large "P.O.Box like" slots in the aluminum heat sink than for sure that's the reason. The new power supply has an aluminum heat sink with only 5 little oval holes in a vertical row in it.

Hans

JustManuals
10-21-2012, 06:53 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

RRodgers
10-21-2012, 07:38 PM
I had a bad surge protector do this on me, but yeah, failing that Power supply or the board that powers the fuser induction unit.

minimerlin
10-21-2012, 09:59 PM
I had a bad surge protector do this on me, but yeah, failing that Power supply or the board that powers the fuser induction unit.
I think that the DI450 only had lamps for fuser but it sounds like that is the area with the fault.

brent
10-22-2012, 05:13 AM
I will go with my instincts and replace the power supply tomorrow. just wanted to run that by you.
thanks again. I will report back

brent

Custom Search