PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Konica Minolta Bizhub C353 ADF no power????

Custom Search

Alex1
10-22-2012, 12:51 PM
I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub C353. There's no
I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub C353. There's no power to the ADF. The machine works fine but the ADF isn't there. I have tested 2 other ADF's same problem I have traced the cable back to the power supply, I changed the power supply still the same. I went into service mode I was looking in to the machines firmware everything is in the firmware with there serial numbers but the ADF doesn't have a serial number there. Which means there is no power to the ADF what so ever. Can somebody please help! Will be much appreciated. Can the firmware not get the ADF to work meaning can the firmware fix the ADF???. Thank you.

Shadow
10-22-2012, 01:44 PM
have you checked the fuse thats in the ADF?

did some one plug in the adf when the machine was powered on?

if the machine is idle and you lift the adf, does this indicate on the screen?

I would try swapping out the control board on the machine for the adf.

Alex1
10-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Ill remove the ADF and test it onto another machine it works fine, I don't know if anyone has unplugged the cable while the machine is on, but when you look at the plug on the machine that the ADF plugges into there is a red wire that I beleive is a positive then there is a green wire which is a negative then there's grey wires. I beleive that the red and green wires are the power to the ADF as when I trace those wires they go back to the power supply. Then the grey wires go to small boards located underneath the plastic on which the ADF sits onto those grey wires are for sensors ADF motor ect: they have nothing to do with the ADF powering up they just send signals. It's a very unusual problem.

Shadow
10-22-2012, 02:49 PM
remove the doc feeder and test the connector with your multimeter, I believe that you are going to end up replacing the control board on the machine.

Imsdal
10-22-2012, 03:06 PM
I had a similar problem with a finnisher and I discover that when the machine keep giving error codes so many times at the end the machine set the finnisher in unset and it didnīt work, so I went under the service mode and I look in "System 1"- "Trouble Isolation" and the finnisher was set in "Set" I changed it to "Unset" and it works. Look under Trouble isolation and look if the ADF is on "Set" and if it is change it to "Unset".

Good luck.

David.

JustManuals
10-22-2012, 09:48 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

blackcat4866
10-23-2012, 12:43 AM
I'm leaning towards Shadow's solution.

Like Imsdal says, make sure that the accessory is not isolated, but I doubt that it is.

Though it's tempting to think that the power absence at the power supply is caused by the power supply, I think you'll find that that part of the power supply unit is never enabled if the DF is not recognized by the control board. Read that back again ... yeah that's confusing but technically accurate.

Each time I thought it was the power supply, it usually ends up being a printer control board. =^..^=

Alex1
10-23-2012, 04:49 AM
thank you Imsdal, I tried that on the machine I couldn't see ADF in the Trouble Isolation. Then I tested a Konica C353 with a working ADF same thing I coudnt see the ADF to set or unset. Shadow recommended I try the control board under the ADF. There are 3 separate boards. There's a long rectangle board which looks like it controls the scanner, and 2 other square and smaller rectangle boards look like they also have a relation to do with the controlling of the ADF. If that doesn't work I'm literally out of options.

Alex1
10-23-2012, 04:51 AM
Thank you, Shadow Ill try the control board under the ADF. There are 3 separate boards. There's a long rectangle board which looks like it controls the scanner, and 2 other square and smaller rectangle boards look like they also have a relation to do with the controlling of the ADF. If that doesn't work I'm literally out of options.

MAD0RAM
10-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Did you try a trouble reset could be your original ADF had a self fault isolation that turned it off.

Looking through the book looks like it should have rechecked it during a turn on but I would try a trouble reset anyway.

Alex1
10-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Hi MAD0RAM,

I tried going into service mode to see the ADF in Trouble Isolation, I can't see the ADF there at all, even when I tested a Konica C353 with a working ADF I went in to setting and Trouble Isolation I couldn't see ADF there at all, thank you for your help, I might try the control board as Shadow requested I'm hoping that solves the problem. Ill let you all know on how I go :)

Custom Search