PDA

View Full Version : C252 line on magenta

Custom Search

brianho80
10-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Hi expert,

My IU magenta always has a line in the middle of A4. Initially I thought is ph unit therefore I clen up the mirror but problem remain same.
I try replace a new Magenta IU unit, line also appear at same location.
Thirdly, I replace a used Ibt belt but no hope also.

I had test print on half tone test page, only magenta has line.

Anythinf I miss out that I need to investigate further? Please advise...

Darren King
10-22-2012, 05:03 PM
Which mirror did you clean? The printhead can be cleaned with the wand that sits on the front door. If that doesn't work swap the magenta printhead with one of the other colours and see if the line follows. If it does, replace the printheads.
Darren

JustManuals
10-22-2012, 09:44 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

brianho80
10-23-2012, 03:38 AM
Which mirror did you clean? The printhead can be cleaned with the wand that sits on the front door. If that doesn't work swap the magenta printhead with one of the other colours and see if the line follows. If it does, replace the printheads.
Darren

Darren, thanks for your advise.

Ya, I cleans the print head by dismantle the ph unit with clean tower and also swap with yellow laser unit, still the same problem.

I did clean up the ibt belt with dry cloth and IDC sensor also useless.

Anything I left out some more?

brianho80
10-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi guys,

i took a new magenta IU Unit replace today. after replace, it seem to be better but the line remain there.
i run stabilizer; TRC supply for magenta; color registration and also gradation calibration.

please refer to the attachment i upload before and after replace IU unit.

anyone has any ideas?

907tec
10-23-2012, 06:19 PM
"Ya, I cleans the print head by dismantle the ph unit with clean tower and also swap with yellow laser unit, still the same problem."

Does this mean that the defect moved with the magenta printhead, or it stayed in the same place when you installed the yellow printhead?

Albonline
10-23-2012, 07:19 PM
lets see the other colors , this looks like xfer belt/roller.

Synaux
10-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Is it just me or this showing on the "gradation image.jpg" for magenta and black?

I agree with Albonline...

Darren King
10-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Is it just me or this showing on the "gradation image.jpg" for magenta and black?

I agree with Albonline...

It is showing on magenta and black because it is process black with the magenta missing.
Darren

Synaux
10-23-2012, 08:55 PM
It is showing on magenta and black because it is process black with the magenta missing.
Darren

Oh yea...:o

brianho80
10-24-2012, 04:17 AM
Hi 907tec, yes the defect remain Same after swap the ph unit. Ok, before replace IU, there are 3 line there but after replace new one, it left one line which is same position with the previous at A4 paper middle below area.Other colors are fine, no problem. However gradation image is just show you all the line effect by magenta.

ismailc
10-24-2012, 06:39 AM
I cannot seem to download the attachments, but I had soimething similar to what you talking about on a c652 where the cyan iu had a piece of mylar sticking upwards therefore scraping the trans belt but only affecting the colour next to it.
Take a look at the iu next to magenta.

brianho80
11-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Hi guys,

i have manage to settle the problem by replace new PH unit. i think previously the PH Unit i took over to replace having problem as well therefore not able to find out the issued accurately.

anyway, thanks for all the ideas given

Synaux
11-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Hi guys,

i have manage to settle the problem by replace new PH unit. i think previously the PH Unit i took over to replace having problem as well therefore not able to find out the issued accurately.

anyway, thanks for all the ideas given

So you had two bad PH units that you tried? What bad luck...
Glad to see you got it working though!

EarthKmTech
11-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Ive had one of these machines before with this exact issue, except on the cyan.

at some stage cyan developer spilled on top of the cyan laser unit and then mix that with a print head cleaner going back and forth and you get a sand paper action going on.

3 previous technicians and 3 wasted cyan imaging units later i showed up and discovered the real problem. I could not save the print head, it was ruined and had to replace them.

Setright
11-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Although I have only seen it once, I will add this:

The blue sticker (the one that shows the customer where to grip the DU) on the drum after the problem colour worked loose and scrapped on the transfer belt...but only very lightly.

Noticed it looking into the machine, without the transfer belt unit mounted.

Custom Search