PDA

View Full Version : Jamming J-7216 on C6500

Custom Search

ismailc
10-23-2012, 08:25 PM
I have been having an intermittent j7216 when running in face-down mode on a 6500.
I have replaced ps-19,13 with no difference. The page stops on the left side going down to the duplex when it is suppose to exit face down and has not even touched the ps13 lever.
I have also replaced the ps19 lever arm.
Mostly happens in the morning when the machine has been standing for a while and works fine duplex printing and face up mode.
One more thing, when I did replace ps19 the problem went away for a couple of days and is back.
I was thinking of replacing the exit motor as the next step.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

cirujano
05-08-2014, 05:15 PM
I have been having an intermittent j7216 when running in face-down mode on a 6500.
I have replaced ps-19,13 with no difference. The page stops on the left side going down to the duplex when it is suppose to exit face down and has not even touched the ps13 lever.
I have also replaced the ps19 lever arm.
Mostly happens in the morning when the machine has been standing for a while and works fine duplex printing and face up mode.
One more thing, when I did replace ps19 the problem went away for a couple of days and is back.
I was thinking of replacing the exit motor as the next step.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Hi, I am with a similar problem. I have replaced a lot of oneway-bearing, sensors and motors but the machine prints 2 o 3 sheets and then it stops showing j7216...
I am thinking the problem could be in the finisher control pba or wiring. I am so worry!!

Thanks to all

_scoekt
07-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Posting this response for anyone who might run into this like I did! The problem was only in the face down on 11x17 80lb text. When ran cover weight there was no problem. If I disconnected the finisher the error code was J-3254. This indicated that the decurler sensor was on when it shouldn't be. The problem turned out to be the actuator on sensor P19 (black plastic). The tip of the actuator had worn down so much that when the reverse paper cycle had stopped and was reversing the reverse created just enough slack in the paper that the shorter / worn down actuator disengaged and the machine halted as PS 19 should stay on till PS13 gets hit. Other possibilities where listed in the solutions on this error.

PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. The FNS entrance sensor (PS4) does not turn ON within a specified period of time after the main body paper exit sensor (PS13) turns ON.
Remove jammed paper in the finisher/main body, if any. Check the operation of the sensors PS4 (p/n 13QA85521) and PS13 (p/n 65AA48440 - Actuator and p/n 08AA85512 - Photosensor) in the State confirmation (47) Mode for proper operation and replace as necessary. Try adjusting the loop timing in the Adjustment Mode (36 mode).
2. Not enough paper loop when pages are entering the finisher.
Adjust finisher curl to Middle or Large:
a. Enter Service Mode.
b. Select Finisher Adjustment.
c. Select Curl Adjustment.
d. Select Middle or Large.
e. Select OK.
3. HB Motor/50 (M33) has failed causing insufficient drive to exit paper from reversing section.
Replace M33 (p/n A03U M111 00).
Note: This will be evident only with 11x17. Paper stops in the reverse section and the paper is not damaged.
4. Worn actuator or actuator spring for PS19 causing timing to be off on large paper sizes.
Replace the actuator for PS19 (p/n 65AA 5131 1) or the actuator spring (p/n 65AA 5150 0).
5. Warped or damaged Guide Plate /B. This is the black plastic guide which holds the actuator for PS19.
Replaced Guide Plate /B (p/n A03U 8602 01).

KM1Amsterdam
07-11-2014, 09:18 PM
I don;t have a book, so i cannot tell which number. But i think that beneith the fuser exit, the black plastic guide with two gray rollers. In the middle there is a sensor flag/actuator and it's tip tends to wear off a few mm. It's called ADU Sensor in the books, a 10mm plastic shaft with the flag in the back of the machine.

Custom Search