PDA

View Full Version : No response from touch panel on Bizhub 250

Custom Search

axyun
10-25-2012, 05:28 AM
Bizhub displays all screens when buttons are pressed but when touching selections on screen there is no response or beep. Tried touching around selections and various parts of screen but nothing. I was at customers office for tray 1 feed problem and after servicing pickup unit customer mentioned touch screen problem. I did not have manual with me for touch screen calibration but don't know if I should expect that to work if I get nothing from screen no matter where I touch.
I am thinking will need touch screen of board or complete unit. Any advice is appreciated very much. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

MAD0RAM
10-25-2012, 10:51 AM
We have had a few that cleaning the ribbon cable and reseating the connectors help this problem.

pepper38_cnd
10-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Try taking the corner of a piece of paper or business card, and slide it under the panel edge and move it all the way around the screen cleaning any dirt from around the screen. I have seen where dirt or even a staple gets under the edge and puts pressure on the screen causing it to be unresponsive.

axyun
10-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Thanks for advice guys. If i have no luck with your tips and if it doe not calibrate does that mean I only need display panel or might I need whole control assembly? All the key outside the display work fine. Frank

Hansoon
10-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Frank, you need only the touch panel. We have them:

Drop me a mail:

touchpanel[at]rex-technika.com (replace [at] with @ cause of the spammers here)

Hans

kingarthur
10-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Bizhub displays all screens when buttons are pressed but when touching selections on screen there is no response or beep. Tried touching around selections and various parts of screen but nothing. I was at customers office for tray 1 feed problem and after servicing pickup unit customer mentioned touch screen problem. I did not have manual with me for touch screen calibration but don't know if I should expect that to work if I get nothing from screen no matter where I touch.
I am thinking will need touch screen of board or complete unit. Any advice is appreciated very much. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

Press the "accessibilty" button, this takes you to the touch panel adjustment, its worth a try, i've had to carry out the procedure up to half a dozen times before it works properly

Hansoon
10-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Some background info:

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/rants-raves-everything-else/65604-touch-panels-once-again.html

Hans

axyun
10-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Thanks again Hans. Thanks to all. I called customer to explain about touch panel problem and he said it was working now. He said he was monkeying around with it and disconnected a couple of things and pulled plug. He said he then rebooted(turned on?) machine and then his touch panel was working again.
what do you know...a new fix for touch panel problems. Best to all. Frank

Hansoon
10-26-2012, 04:08 AM
Will last maximum 14 days Frank. Panel is definitely bad. Went through this with so many machines. Not only KonicaMinolta but also KyoceraMitas, not to mention Ricoh and the others.

Good luck.

Hans

Custom Search