PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Konica Minolta Bizhub C220 SMB Scan to shared folder - "Server Connection Error"

Custom Search

sulabh
10-25-2012, 01:46 PM
I had a SMB scan to a shared folder. It was working fine till yesterday. i donno what happened to it since today morning whenever i try to scan a document it represents a failure and error details shows up "Server Connection Error"

Plz Help me as soon as possible.

emujo
10-25-2012, 02:23 PM
More than likely, your computor has recieved a new IP address and now the one touch button setup to scan back to 192.168.x.x can no longer find that workstation. If you can still print to the device then we can establish communication. If you don't know what you are doing, call a KM tech out to fix it. I would also suggest that you scan back to "Host name" versus IP address.

10-25-2012, 02:24 PM
1st are you scanning to only 1 pc or more? Or are you scanning to the server? "Server Connection Error" means the C220 cannot contact the SMB PC. There are a few reasons why you would get that error. 1st do you still have internet connection? 2nd: was the shared folder moved or renamed? 3rd: were the share properties or permission changed? Firewalls can also affect SMB.

sulabh
10-25-2012, 03:00 PM
emujo: Yes i can print documents & no my computer hasnt received any new ip!!8050: yes i am scanning to only 1 pc. Yeah i still have internet connection. No the shared folder wasnt moved or renamed. No share properties or permission has changed.

Shadow
10-25-2012, 04:29 PM
change the address to the computer name and double check your password.
the leading cause for that failure is incorrect spelling or changed passwords.
this happens quite frequently when passwords are changed on a regular basis.
just something else to check.

sulabh
10-25-2012, 04:36 PM
what do you mean by changing the address to the computer name please explain fast and i dont have a password.

Darren King
10-25-2012, 06:06 PM
what do you mean by changing the address to the computer name please explain fast and i dont have a password.

If you go to a command prompt on the computer and type in "hostname" (without the quotes) it will give you the name of the computer. I think you have to set up DNS if you scan to hostname. Although I could be wrong about that.
Darren

TheOwl
10-26-2012, 12:00 AM
If you go to a command prompt on the computer and type in "hostname" (without the quotes) it will give you the name of the computer. I think you have to set up DNS if you scan to hostname. Although I could be wrong about that.
Darren

DNS stands for Domain Name System and is a requirement for a computer or domain name to be resolved to an IP address. When using names rather than IP addresses, you are essentially still using an IP address for the communication, but the DNS server provides the updated IP address.

As for the scanning issues, try disabling your AV / Firewall as you may have recieved an update to the software that is causing the connection error. If this is the case, then speak with the software provider on how to create an exception for your copier. On the flip side, it may have also been a MS Update on your PC, but that will be very hard to track down.

Other things to look at:

1. Ensure that the One Touch button is correctly configured with the Path and User credentials
2. If you don't use a password for the copier to scan with, create an account for it to use with a password
3. Ensure the copier can see your computer by going to Admin Settings > Network Settings > Detail Seting > Ping Confirmation
4. Ensure that the share is still visable on the network via another computer or locally (\\localhost\sharename)
5. Ensure that Windows is correctly configured for a Home or Work network otherwise file sharing will be turned off (Windows Vista and Up)

wseyller
10-26-2012, 01:54 AM
Sometimes depending on the situation I will create a new local user account on the computer usually named "bizhub" with a password. Create a folder on the C drive named "scans" and set the permissions. The set the hostname of computer and the new username/password in pagescope. In pagescope i type in"scans" to where the folder location is. This way you can be sure the login credentials are right. You just create a shortcut to the scans folder on the desktop of the users normal local account.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

sulabh
10-26-2012, 06:59 AM
Hey darren, i use ip address to connect my machine to the system.. But the host name in the machine and the hostname of ma pc differs. Could any of you help me in setting up the machine settings from the begginng???

sulabh
10-26-2012, 07:06 AM
The owl, could you plz tell me how to check the One touch button in configured correctly or not..!!!
Before also i was using without a password and a different account, so i dont think i want to create a mess by creating an account for it.
as per you said about the ping confirmation, when i accessed it there were no ip in the ping confirmation, i entered my pc's ip and the ping was perfect.
yeah the share is visible on the network.
windows is configured correctly for a home or work network, though i would appreciate if you could also help me with it..!!!

thx for ur reply
awaiting for your reply

TheOwl
10-29-2012, 12:02 AM
The owl, could you plz tell me how to check the One touch button in configured correctly or not..!!!
Before also i was using without a password and a different account, so i dont think i want to create a mess by creating an account for it.
as per you said about the ping confirmation, when i accessed it there were no ip in the ping confirmation, i entered my pc's ip and the ping was perfect.
yeah the share is visible on the network.
windows is configured correctly for a home or work network, though i would appreciate if you could also help me with it..!!!

thx for ur reply
awaiting for your reply

Windows networking with the Windows Vista and up got a little more complicated as they introduced network areas. If you connected to a network and said that it was a public area once connected to it, then Windows would tighten up the firewall and disable a bunch of features such as file sharing.

If you click on the network logo in the bottom right and click on Open Network and Sharing Center, you should then be able to adjust the connected network and the Advanced Sharing Settings.

As for the One Touch button, I am assuming that when you walk up to the machine and press Fax/Scan, you are then presented with a button that you press which basically tells the machine to "scan to this destination" and then press start. To adjust that button, go into the web interface of the machine (type the IP address of the machine in Internet Explorer or something similar) and then click on Store or Store Address. You should then find that One Touch button in that list whereby you can then edit the button to match the details on your computer.

johskar
10-29-2012, 10:24 AM
The Bizhubs are capable of usilizing both DNS and Netbios name for SMB scanning.
Iirc, if you type only the hostname in UPPERCASE/CAPITAL letters it goes NETBIOS first, if in lowercase, it goes dns.
Scanning to netbios hostsname sure works fine the times I've tried, even without a DNS that gets hostsnames fed from a DHCP.
if NTLM is set to wrong version that can cause server connection errors too in some cases, even tho it worked just fine the day before.

sulabh
10-29-2012, 12:15 PM
hey johskar, I guess the NTLM problem is causing a problem for my scan.. could you help me with that????

sulabh
10-29-2012, 12:17 PM
I checked my machine settings and even ma pc settings all is correct.. i have disabled my windows firewall so that no complications can arise..

As johskar said about the NTLM.. I might b the problem.. if you could help me in that.. i would appreciate it..!!!

thx

johskar
10-29-2012, 12:31 PM
On the MFC: administrator -> network -> smb -> client and try setting NTLM to v2 or v1/v2
you can change the same under network -> smb on the MFC's webpage.

sulabh
10-29-2012, 01:23 PM
On the MFC: administrator -> network -> smb -> client and try setting NTLM to v2 or v1/v2you can change the same under network -> smb on the MFC's webpage.what about the username authentication???

sulabh
10-29-2012, 01:24 PM
what about the username authentication???

sulabh
10-29-2012, 01:29 PM
OK, i need to ask you something. In admin settings> network settings> TCP/IP Settings> DNS Host> Differs from mine.. and another thing is i use ip.. what do i do??

and in that only.. Dynamic Dns Settings should be enable or disable??

johskar
10-29-2012, 01:52 PM
TCP/IP -> DNS Host is the host/dns name of the MFC, not your PC.
and if you scan to IP the IP on the PC has to be set to a STATIC ip and not assigned by DHCP (unless the address is reserved to that pc's MAC address in the DHCP)

Don't mind the dynamic dns thing.

Username/Password is set in the address-book for that scan "button"/ address entry
Utility -> 1 -> 1 -> 1 -> 4
(or on the web-ui)

Mind you, for SMB scan to work you have use an username with password for the share you are saving your scan to with the MFC. Authenticating with only username and blank password will (in my experience) fail 99% of the time.

sulabh
10-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Mind you, for SMB scan to work you have use an username with password for the share you are saving your scan to with the MFC. Authenticating with only username and blank password will (in my experience) fail 99% of the time.[/QUOTE]I did tried the Username password thing... but it dint worked..!!! and there was a password in the Utility -> 1 -> 1 -> 1 -> 4.. even i dint entered it.. i removed it.. though it dint solved ma problem..!!!I connect to internet and all the machines through a switch.. i.e. lan>switch>machine1, machine2, machine3, internet(DSL).

sulabh
11-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Heya guyz, i got the solution for my problem.. i am posting bcoz it might help others..i went to Computer Management> Local Users and Groups> Users> Guest> Guest Properties> Member of tab> Addand added membersi added Administrator and HomeUsersand restarted my pc.. it solved my problem.info: added members by going to advanced in after clicking on add> Click on advanced> Find now and select Administrator and then again same step to add HomeUsersThankyou all of you..!!! :)

johskar
11-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you just give Guest user on your pc ADMIN access on it?

sulabh
11-01-2012, 02:34 PM
I guess yeah.. Is there any problem in it???

sulabh
11-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Okay, because you said i removed "admin" from the "member of " tab and the scan is still working fine.. that means you only have to add the homeusers in it. :)

Custom Search