PDA

View Full Version : BH 600 - streaks in fuser after pm

Custom Search

b3p0
10-25-2012, 07:01 PM
BH 600, 560k clicks, PM'd the machine yesterday and changed fuser rollers. CQ good, 300 clicks later machine is leaving streaks on output on the back side of a single sided print, and both sides on duplex.

Went back onsite, definitely happening at the cleaning web, verified it was the correct part, it was not binding or skipping teeth, ran the machine with doors open and verified the solenoid is clicking the web. Checked fuser pressure handle was not stuck and was giving full pressure.
Changed copy density settings both directions and didn't see much improvement/difference.
Toner is building up against the cleaning web, melting and getting past the web down to the lower roller where it sticks and then gets on the prints.

I'm going to thow the old web back in it to see if its a faulty web, check the thermistor is touching, and then change paper type to thick to get it to heat up more and see if it might be a bad lamp, however i have a few burnt fingertips that argue against the fuser lamp being faulty.

Any other ideas ? Thanks in advance!

minimerlin
10-25-2012, 08:11 PM
I would check the actual setup after the PM, sounds like a lot of toner getting laid down on the copy to cause this problem. Did you do the Laser density settings? I have never had a fault such as this, not if the machine is running correctly. I was wondering if the web is actually turning?

JustManuals
10-25-2012, 11:25 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Custom Search