PDA

View Full Version : minolta ep 5000 with a c500 code

Custom Search

brent
10-25-2012, 11:49 PM
I know the code is for a fuser related code. have to trouble reset. basically it has no heat lamp. I looked in the manual and it said pwb a. replaced. still no heat lamp. it did state something a bout a ssr. but that was only if the light came on right the bat. I did ohm the fuser lamp. and it is good. at least it beeped.. I wish I had another fuser to swap to eliminate that for certain. any other thoughts? it is getting tired. ready to trade in.. but in this economy. people dont want to buy new. anyways thanks again
brent

Hansoon
10-26-2012, 04:04 AM
Brent, did you use the trouble reset switch S1 on the Tech Rep Settings Board? (Service Manual "Switches...." Page S-5)

Hans

brent
10-26-2012, 08:21 AM
uh yes. I removed the little cover above the fuser and hit the trouble reset. stuck without doing that. once I do that it tried to reset. tries to warm up. but no lamp. back to the drawing board. I am going to check into the ssr

brent

brent
10-26-2012, 10:36 PM
the service manual is kind of confusing hansoon. it stated that if the fuser lit up. to go to step 5 or 6. and to replace pwba. now I am stuck. I don't really want to just go replace parts at random. should I try the ssr then? the machine is over 15 years old. yikes..
brent

JustManuals
10-26-2012, 11:30 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Hansoon
10-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Brent, if you connect 5VDC (I always used a 4.5V battery for that but a little higher will do too, in case of emergency I even used briefly the 9VDC battery of my multimeter) to the build in photo coupler of the SSR (the small two pin connector on the SSR package) which triggers the SSR it must fire and the lamp will go on. You might have to reverse the polarity of the battery cause there are SSR's which have a dedicated +/- I forgot what was used for the EP4000/5000 series.

This may show you if the SSR is functional. Than, when the fuser lamp is properly connected to the circuitry, the lamp must come on provided that the SSR becomes power through the main relay RY1

BTW: PJ33 on PWB-A is where the trigger signal for the SSR comes from in case you want to check that. My scanned circuit diagrams are in bad shape so I cannot check what potential you may expect there but usually it was always a signal from high to low meaning that 5VDC is constantly present at the led side of the build in photo coupler of the SSR and as soon as the PWB-A board wants to lamp to come the logic grounded the other side of the led which than goes on and in turn triggers the SSR.

Good luck

Hans

brent
10-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Thanks for all the help. It was a bad fuser. Either thermistor or thermostat. Anyway it is fixed

Hansoon
10-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Congrats! Thanks for the feed back Brent. (Not usual in this panel if I may say so......)

Hans

brent
10-30-2012, 04:50 PM
I am a firm believer in feedback. what the heck good does it do. to post a question. then you fix it
and nobody knows how it was fixed. I think it is a great idea to require a post on how it was fixed. I appreciate this board. I use it. I answer questions if I can. and I donate financially to this site as well. a win win.

thanks
brent

Custom Search