PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 211 scan to email problem

Custom Search

LIOEEK
10-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Help everyone,bizhub 211 with nc-501 optionunable to scan-to-emailgetting error "cannot connect to smtp server"and "ntp server error" the moment you enter scan tabhere's what i've noticed so far;* I can ping it but unable to connect to pagescope* I have to restart the machine before I can enter Pagescope webconnect, even when directly connecting to machine.* Scan to ftp is ok* workstations on local using same smtp address are ok*also checked other email name for the machine.

Shadow
10-26-2012, 02:55 PM
do you have smtp authentication turned on?
are you using the smtp server's name or host ip address?
do you have an email address set for the machine and administrator?
it sounds like you have missed a step somewhere.
go back to the basics and start again and don't try to get ahead of your self.

LIOEEK
10-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Thanks shadow,smtp is on relay no authentication,it's using host ip addressEmail address and admin add for the machine are all set.i'm kinda noob in networking, what would be the difference if it uses smtp server name?

Shadow
10-26-2012, 08:00 PM
if it is an external server, your isp, the ip address can change without notice.
page scope data admin is used to communicate with the machine itself from a computer, not the other way around.
are you using Microsoft exchange server for your email?
if so I believe that there is a different setup that needs to be done for it to work

LIOEEK
10-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Yup they are using MsES, what I noticed is that eventhough i get a continuous reply from the machine when pinging it I can't connect to its pagescope data admin(not that it has something to do with scan2email). I'm starting to doubt that there is something wrong with the machine. Likewise, the Ntp server error always appears in the scan tab.

Shadow
10-27-2012, 12:08 AM
there is a process for setting up scan to email with Exchange server, unfortunately I don't have that process.
I'm sure that some one on here might have it if you ask nicely :)

LIOEEK
10-27-2012, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the helpI think I should read about microsoft exchange server. :) thanks again, i think they will just have to settle for scan to ftp for now :)

TheOwl
10-28-2012, 11:43 PM
I have the process, seeing as I wrote the docco... lol

Hansoon
10-29-2012, 09:09 AM
As always a Gem... Thanks Owl!

Hans

LIOEEK
10-29-2012, 12:33 PM
thanks owl. . I'll try this one if will allow me. :)

Custom Search