PDA

View Full Version : C6501 problem

Custom Search

empiru
10-26-2012, 06:06 PM
Hi!

I am really desperate.. this problem has been going on for a year now on a C6500 and appeeared today on a C6501.
What you see in the attachment appears only on 300 gsm stock. Today, the machine printed on the same 300 gsm just fine and suddenly, this "fuzziness" appeared. It only happens on 13x19 (A3++, A3 Extension) or A3 paper; it is on the rear side of the printout, always in the same position, from the first sheet to the last. 250 gsm is working just fine. Same 300 gsm stock works on another machine right next to this C6501.

Here is what I have done so far:

1. Changed Fusing Unit.
2. Changed whole Transfer Belt Unit.
3. Changed whole ADU Unit.
4. Changed Paper Exit Section, entirely.
5. Took out all finishers and other optionals.
6. Changed PRCB (I thought it could be a timing problem, between Fusing Unit and Paper Exit Section, or between 2nd Transfer and Fusing Unit).

Nothing has changed. If I print 300 gsm stock with the Paper Setting for 250 gsm, the problem persists (even with 200 gsm setting). If I print 250 gsm stock with Paper Setting for 300 gsm, it works just fine. That means (at least to me) that the only problem is the little difference of thickness between 250 gsm and 300 gsm stock; it also means that it is not a speed matter, as long as 250 gsm with 300 gsm setting comes out fine.

It happens on all colors.

I even tried "artificially jamming" one 13x19 300 gsm paper and it turned out the the image is formed like this before it enters the fusing unit, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the Transfer Belt... But as long as i changed that too, what can it be??
Thank you in advance for any help, any idea, any advice! Please just say whatever you think, even if it sounds irelevant, it may be helpful.

JustManuals
10-26-2012, 08:08 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

empiru
10-26-2012, 08:12 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Thanks, Paul! Forgot to say, I have all the manuals :)

Albonline
10-26-2012, 09:11 PM
suspect it to be shock load on fuser motor causing the plls controling other motors to try and compensate for the speed jitter at the fuser. was the exchanged fuser new?

Albonline
10-26-2012, 09:14 PM
just thought of somthing else, look up 2nd xfer pressure setting i theroy book.

empiru
10-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Phew... problem solved. It was the PS64 (I think) - Fusing Loop Sensor, located right at the entrance of the fusing unit.
But now, I have another question: How much bad luck must one have to test 2 different Fusing Units with the same sensor broken?????????

Anyway, I am just happy I solved it; now you know, maybe you will find it useful some day..

Custom Search