PDA

View Full Version : Import/export pagescope

Custom Search

wseyller
10-27-2012, 02:52 AM
Sometimes i get called out to do a network setup for a new machine install. Commonly it is to replace an older KM model with a new one. I have to duplicate the one touches to the new machine. For example today i have a BH 421 to 423. I exported the setting and when trying to import it fails due to compatibility. I feel like KM fails in this department. Obviously it works fine when both are the same model. I have even made it somewhat work in some scenarios by editing the file with a text editor. In the case today i found no way to do that. I spent a long time manually adding smb scan and fax numbers in pagescope. Is there something I'm missing. There must be a way. Why don't newer machines have the ability to automatically recognize the file from older machines and convert to its format.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bsm2
10-27-2012, 03:39 AM
have you update your pagescope to the lastest version?

wseyller
10-27-2012, 03:53 AM
have you update your pagescope to the lastest version?

I didnt know you could. Or is that included with the standard firmware update. I dont know of any update method specifically for pagescope.

JR2ALTA
10-27-2012, 04:33 AM
I didnt know you could. Or is that included with the standard firmware update. I dont know of any update method specifically for pagescope. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2 I work with experienced KM techs and we do not know of a way to import outside of a series either. I would love to learn how too.

RRodgers
10-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Yeah, it doesn't work and that SUCKS!!!

Hansoon
10-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Yeah, it doesn't work and that SUCKS!!!

KonicaMinolta never anticipated that their machines would once be replaced with their own brand........

:rolleyes:

Hans

dallas
10-27-2012, 04:45 PM
Use PageScope DataAdministrator to edit / import or export address book data
or
exporting from WebConnection the shortcut textfile and edit the 2nd entry (Model Code)
of the header to the imported model code.

RRodgers
10-28-2012, 08:12 PM
or
exporting from WebConnection the shortcut textfile and edit the 2nd entry (Model Code)

I could try it, but honestly... it shouldn't be that hard to do it. (not saying that doing that is hard just... well you know what I mean)

wseyller
10-28-2012, 10:09 PM
or

In the last example of going from 421 to 423 i did edit the model in a text editor. It did not work. In this situation the formatting was too different.

TheOwl
10-28-2012, 11:12 PM
The easiest way to import into unlike models, as well as old to new, is to:

1. Export Data from the old machaine
2. Export Data from new machine (I know there won't be anything there in the file)
3. open both files in Excel
4. Copy the data from the old to the new
5. Import the new data back into the new machine.

Seems like a lot of work, but if you have your laptop setup correctly with everything ready to go, it should only take you an extra 5 mins at the most.

wseyller
10-28-2012, 11:37 PM
The easiest way to import into unlike models, as well as old to new, is to:

1. Export Data from the old machaine
2. Export Data from new machine (I know there won't be anything there in the file)
3. open both files in Excel
4. Copy the data from the old to the new
5. Import the new data back into the new machine.

Seems like a lot of work, but if you have your laptop setup correctly with everything ready to go, it should only take you an extra 5 mins at the most.

I never considered using excel. I'll give it a try next time and see how it looks.

emujo
10-29-2012, 07:15 PM
I think you are confusing Page Scope Web Connection with Page Scope Data Admin...No you can't move address books between models with the import/export tools of the web page, but if you use Page Scope Data Admin, you can easily copy address books from any Bizhub to any of the new Bizhubs..You can also get address book data from other vendors ( I have done this with Ricoh and Toshiba) and pull the address book info into the new KM. It also works with authentication data...(we had a Ricoh going out with over 500 account track entries, didn't want to type all that crap in, just imported the file and converted it to what the KM needed. Easy as pie) You must keep up with the new versions of PSDA as new Bizhbs are released..It will not work with production MFPs (1200, 6501 etc). You can see them in PSDA, but the address book/authentication portions will be greyed out. Emujo

TheOwl
10-29-2012, 10:38 PM
I think you are confusing Page Scope Web Connection with Page Scope Data Admin...No you can't move address books between models with the import/export tools of the web page, but if you use Page Scope Data Admin, you can easily copy address books from any Bizhub to any of the new Bizhubs..You can also get address book data from other vendors ( I have done this with Ricoh and Toshiba) and pull the address book info into the new KM. It also works with authentication data...(we had a Ricoh going out with over 500 account track entries, didn't want to type all that crap in, just imported the file and converted it to what the KM needed. Easy as pie) You must keep up with the new versions of PSDA as new Bizhbs are released..It will not work with production MFPs (1200, 6501 etc). You can see them in PSDA, but the address book/authentication portions will be greyed out. Emujo

I'm definately using the PSWC and not Data Administrator. The most important part of the process is exporting out of the new machine so that the machine name and model match up, from there just copy and paste the relevant data from the old machine's exported data.

We even do this a fair bit with Toshiba to Konica Minolta whereby we remote in to our customers network, get a back up out of their running machine and get the data put in to their new machine before it even leaves the workshop for install.

Custom Search