PDA

View Full Version : BIZHUB 420 Scnca to FTP

Custom Search

poz31
10-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Need to set up this bizhub 420 with a ftp utility (Minolta)…
I know how to do it with the bizhub 200,350 and others but on this (bizhub 420)
The pagescope is kind of different… which options needs to be set up in order to do scan to FTP??

TheOwl
10-29-2012, 10:50 PM
Just go into the web interface as a public user (or login as a user if there is authentication / account track enabled on the machine) and click on Store or Store Address or the picture of a letterbox (can't remember which wording / symbol your machine uses exactly but it will be one of those).

From here, you will then be able to click on New Registration, select FTP and then enter you FTP destination.

If I remember right, on the older machines, you had to register the FTP servers from Administrator Mode in the web interface before you could then assign them to a One Touch where as the new machines can send to many different FTP servers, therefore there is no need to register un the Administrator Mode to start with.

mowglie
03-14-2013, 02:23 AM
i have a related or perhaps the same question, not sure.

i want to ftp into the 420. not access an external ftp server. ftp server is running & accepting requests on the 420. i can telnet 21 or ftp to it. but i have NO IDEA what the username pw combo is! i tried user, USER, Administrator, administrator, admin, guest, anonymous all without pw, with the KM default, pass, PASS, password, anonymous ... all of those permutations. no luck.

where do i setup what the un/pw is to ftp into the 420?

i can do it via the browser or at the console. i just dont see anywhere to setup an ftp un/pw!

thanx.

TheOwl
03-14-2013, 02:40 AM
Why do you want to FTP into the device?

You can't change the username or password or FTP into the device as this is set statically via Konica Minolta. The FTP access into the machine doesn't give you much, just log files and print data captures if either have been enabled. Nothing useful at all to the end user.

mowglie
03-14-2013, 04:34 PM
i want to ftp b/c i'm going to mount the HD on the 420 as a local drive. its easy. i just need the un/pw to do it. i dont even want to change the un/pw. i will happily use whatever the default is. i just want to know it.

i dont want incoming ftp sessions active on my linux server box. too insecure; lets just leave it at that. but i discovered 420 takes incoming ftp requests, so i want to mount it on the linux server to access scanned files. i'm sure i can figure out a way to save the scans in whatever dir the ftp request serves up (esp if print data captures are already in there).

make sense? or am i nuts? or both ;)

TheOwl
03-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you are wasting your time.

You can't actually access any of the scans via FTP which reside on the machines HDD. What you need to do is to install the Konica Minolta Box Operator which will then give you access to scans that are stored within User Boxes.

mowglie
03-15-2013, 06:23 PM
hey its info not bad news. so i welcome it. gotta face realities.

ok so can i access the box from another linux server? how can i access the scans stored in the user boxes? if its not via mounted shared dir available to the linux server, then its moot. & yes i know i can use smb or ftp to save the scans onto the server itself but i dont like opening those ports/services on my server.

i'd rather the server access the 420. any hopes/solutions/prayers/pipe dreams?

TheOwl
03-17-2013, 10:56 PM
The software that accesses the User Boxes needs to be installed on client PC's so that the clients themselves can retrieve their scans.

If it was my network, I would just allow SMB scanning as it is so much easier than playing around with more software again. Especially when you have a Linux server as you can just deny SMB or FTP traffice from all IP addresses except the photocopier.

I am a Windows based IT Administrator and SMB / FTP ports are commonly used everyday. I know you say you don't want to open up the ports on your Linux Server, but in this day in age, you can't afford not to. Also, you would think that I would have more troubles with a Windows server than you would with a Linux server having those ports open.

mowglie
03-18-2013, 03:30 AM
yes i agree on all accounts. iptables easily blocks whatever. i loathe samba after years of using it; "evolved" to nfs. i will just use ftp on the server. its simple/easy. setup fw accordingly.

ALL of your replies have been keenly helpful & thorough & damn quick.

much obliged, my friend.

& i wager you do have more headaches w/ the windows box than you would w/ a linux one. ;)

Custom Search