PDA

View Full Version : KM C450: Direction for this OHP size is not supported.

Custom Search

Snapperhead
10-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Before I start I would like to state that this is my first experience with a copier of this size, I run a small home based business in the printing field and recently picked 2 of these machines up from a friend who frequents auctions.

I have the machine in question networked and it was working beautifully untill I lifted the top to copy a photo. I placed the photo which is 5x7 inches on the glass and shut the lid and immediately got the message "Direction for this OHP paper size is not supported. Please Change to Direction or set size larger than 8 1/2 x 11"

I have made sure that everything is clean checked all the trays that are in use, tray 1 being my defualt tray, made sure the paper guides were tight on the paper stacks and tried using different images in the scanner glass area, to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank You, Snapperhead Studios

JustManuals
10-31-2012, 01:01 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

blackcat4866
10-31-2012, 01:53 AM
Regardless of what country you're in, 5" x 7" is not a standard original size.

You haven't said whether you're trying to scan or copy, I suppose it doesn't make much of a difference.

You have two choices:
1) Choose a standard paper size like Statement-R (5 1/2" x 8 1/2") and place a piece of paper that size behind your original. Or select Statement-R sized scan area.
2) Define a custom original size (5" x 7"), but if copying you'll have to select the paper to print upon or custom define a non-standard copy paper size.

Here's the problem. Your MFP can only recognize these six original sizes:
5 1/2" x 8 1/2": statement-R
8 1/2" x 11": letter-R
11" x 8 1/2": letter
8 1/2" x 13: folio
8 1/2" x 14": legal
11" x 17" tabloid (not ledger: 17" x 11").
width (front to back) by length (left to right)

Your MFP cannot recognize other original sizes. =^..^=

Snapperhead
10-31-2012, 02:10 AM
Thank You! So much Blackcat4866! the problem is fixed and I feel realy nooblichious right now. Thank you again.

Custom Search