PDA

View Full Version : C451 Fiery acting up

Custom Search

methogod
10-30-2012, 11:51 PM
machine will print if i print to the internal print controller, fiery has seemed to fail to rip any new documents in over a month. i use it to scan mostly and that now doesn't seem to be working either.

software is 1.01, and was all current. Tried rebooting, clearing and a few complete power downs.

My tech says it could be hard drive or system software. Would like to narrow it down a bit more. In tech mode nothing is for the fiery just for the Emperion controller.

When i print to the fiery, it comes up as UNKNOWN every time.

if i print to the internal controller it print just fine.

i have a C550 parts machine that has a fiery, as well a C650 that is still in production. So i can swap with that if need be to test wires and cables.

thanks,

Tonerbomb
10-31-2012, 12:59 AM
machine will print if i print to the internal print controller, fiery has seemed to fail to rip any new documents in over a month. i use it to scan mostly and that now doesn't seem to be working either.

software is 1.01, and was all current. Tried rebooting, clearing and a few complete power downs.

My tech says it could be hard drive or system software. Would like to narrow it down a bit more. In tech mode nothing is for the fiery just for the Emperion controller.

When i print to the fiery, it comes up as UNKNOWN every time.

if i print to the internal controller it print just fine.

i have a C550 parts machine that has a fiery, as well a C650 that is still in production. So i can swap with that if need be to test wires and cables.

thanks,

To clarify, no I don't work on this particular fiery and yes I've been working on fiery's for over 15 years. Your TECH is on the right path. You've cleared the server and rebooted and still have these problems. Quit guessing and reload the system software and then apply any applicable patches. If it's connected by a scsi cable change the cable and or the interface card on the mfp. If this doesn't resolve the issues then I would look at hard drive or Fiery mother board. A fiery is a fiery no matter what it's connected to.

Custom Search