PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 200 ADF Jam, with video

Custom Search

JR2ALTA
11-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Jams at registration rollers, can happen first copy, tenth, twentieth etc.

Feed rollers are new, sensors/mirrors have been clean.

Every switch passes a vigorous I/O test.

Reg switch has foam pad in tack to eliminate bouncing.

Jam Counter shows this jam as "ADF Transport Jam"

Thanks in advance!

adfjam - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnRaeHD6l8k&feature=youtu.be)

Hansoon
11-01-2012, 11:08 AM
It sounds if slowing down by a mechanical obstruction just before jamming. Gummed up bushings or similar? Greasy torque limiter?

Is this only with high speed scanning 70 pages/min.?

Hans

methogod
12-09-2012, 09:25 PM
I would clean all the sensors, can of air, all of them.

clean rollers with d-ink or alcohol where they are not grippy.

how many click on the ADF?

De-acceleration may be the adf trying to keep up, may not be an issue.

Are they scanning cheap 20# paper that has gone through a inkjet? inkjet prints will rub ink off alot and can block sensors.

I would Test 600x600 - 50 pages, which runs slower, see if that helps after cleaning above. It may just be cheap paper.

I once had a bad mylar in there, if i remember correctly.

EarthKmTech
12-10-2012, 09:41 AM
there is a small spring clutch deep in the back of the adf that fails and only presents an issue in high speed operation. It looks like your problem.

Been a long, long time since i changed one but i remember there being "excessive disassembly required"

methogod
12-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Make sure your adf is closed all the way, may just be the video but looks like cover is not all the way closed.

After that, check these solutions...

Subject:
DF-605/DF-620, paper jamming. The document feeder will feed about 5 sheets of paper and then jam. This may be intermittent.

Description:
DF-605/DF-620, paper jamming.
Solution:
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Intermediate conveying roller and shaft is worn.
Replace the intermediate conveying roller (p/n 4344 5130 01) and shaft (p/n 4344 5136 01).

2. The registration sensor (PC9-ADF) actuator was not returning properly. It may have been knocked out of its mount.
Please check and reposition the registration sensor actuator (p/n 4344 5040 01).

3. The torque spring and gear assembly is worn.
Replace the torque spring (p/n 4344 5059 01) and gear/pulley assembly (p/n 4344 5047 01 and p/n 4344 5046 01).

Don N.
07-03-2013, 06:20 PM
I had this EXACT issue and removed, THOROUGHLY cleaned the 1-way bearing on the rear of the ADF regist. roller, which is exactly where it's stopping at in your video.(imagine that, in a Konica Minolta, a 1-way bearing issue... go figure!) Had immediate 99% better results, then removed again and cleaned again, with 100% results... This is going to be needed on all heavy scan users of DF605. No major dis-assembly. Remove metal bracket above the drive belt. Remove retainer and flip drive belt off gear & shaft. I think I removed second retainer to allow shaft to slide forward so you can slide off bearing & CLEAN THE HECK OUT OF IT...
FIXED!
I do have one DF605 with bad spring clutch as mentioned on an earlier reply, but it was preventing feed tires from returning to full up position and causing a different jam, like after page goes through...

Hansoon
07-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the feed back Don. Don't have this issue yet but it will come for sure.

Hans

wseyller
07-04-2013, 01:33 AM
I had this issue on a di2510 where there was an issue with a one way gear on the shaft of the same rollers where your leading edge stop. The one way gear is located in the rear. Seem to remember it being belt driven. Take the cover off and watch it. At one moment the motor should drive the shaft forward then the motor will reverse at which the gear should rotate in reverse but not turn the shaft. If I remember right the reverse action is what drives the pickup roller and the opposite then drives those three rollers to transport the paper. In my case cleaning help it feed more pages in between jams but not good enough so I had to replace it.

EDIT:

I went to look it up in the DF-605 parts manual. It is called a "pulley". Item number 15, part number 4344505201. It is possible to replace it without removing too much if your good. Can be a little tight in there to get too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Don N.
07-04-2013, 03:41 AM
wseyller nailed it. If you struggle getting 15 off to clean or replace, remove the clip 14 and the shaft will be free to move to front and give you room to slide the 1-way "pulley" 15 off. I had to clean it twice before I got flawless results. May order some spares.

JR2ALTA
07-04-2013, 04:42 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Yes, it's confirmed to be the one way gear.

Cleaning works, but if you have to take it out to clean it, throw a new one in. Make sure to clean the shaft with a scotch brite.

I was still a little green on this model when i posted the video. I was surprised my more experienced co-workers didn't know it either.

FYI same gear, same issue on 420,500, 421, 501 DFs

Custom Search