PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C550 print quality problem on duplex

Custom Search

jeremyb503
11-01-2012, 06:11 PM

Anyone have any hot ideas here? This job has been run many times on this same machine (as recently as last Friday) without any problems. If it runs single sided it seems to be fine, as soon as you start to duplex the back side gets all smudgy.

Thanks!

minimerlin
11-01-2012, 09:52 PM

Anyone have any hot ideas here? This job has been run many times on this same machine (as recently as last Friday) without any problems. If it runs single sided it seems to be fine, as soon as you start to duplex the back side gets all smudgy.

Thanks!
Has this machine got the transfer guide mod fitted? Looks like that may be the problem.

EarthKmTech
11-01-2012, 10:02 PM
there is a bulletin that discusses these issues.

if the transfer mod is in place already and in good condition (they do fk-up eventually and need to be replaced when the sharp tips ware off)

you may need to change the transfer roller (I change the belt at the same time, but its not my money so i don't care)

JustManuals
11-02-2012, 04:06 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

jeremyb503
11-02-2012, 04:29 AM
Thank you so much for the quick replies! I hate to ask but where would I get a copy of the bulletin? Also anyone have a lead on a good place in the US to buy parts for these machines?

EarthKmTech
11-02-2012, 08:46 AM
[Symptom]

A Toner is spinkled in front of an image <Fringe>

B Toner is sprinkled around an image <Burst>

Cause]
<Fringe>

-Charge neutralizing level is not enough,and static electricity is generated because paper is rubbed on the guide of plate.As a result, the toner is sprinkled in feeding direction

<Burst>

Resistance becomes high because of type of paper, and 2 transfer current falls.
Since the adsorption power between toner and paper fell, we presume that toner spreads easily.

[Solution]

<Fringe>

-Clean neutralizing cloth and Exchange 2nd transfer roller Assy

-Please install the following part on the guide of the plate.

part name:Guide Sheet

part number:A00H703400

<Burst>

If 2nd transfer current value is raised, it will improve.

<Procedure>
[Service Mode]-[Imaging Process Adjustment]-[Transfer Output Fine Adjustment]-[2 Transfer Fine Adjust]

+1 to 2 steps
Reference: 1 step: 100V

-------------------------------------

The PDF attachment is marked KMBT confidential so i wont be supplying it.

MAD0RAM
11-02-2012, 12:05 PM
[Symptom]
The PDF attachment is marked KMBT confidential so i wont be supplying it.

Could at least supply the Bulletin number.

Lasersupplies
11-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Could be a toner or fuser issue. Was black toner replaced recently? Smearing can also be fuser at too low a temperature.

jeremyb503
11-02-2012, 02:38 PM
I did replace the black toner last week, I will try a different one. Does anyone have the part number for the moded transfer assembly?

minimerlin
11-02-2012, 08:38 PM
I did replace the black toner last week, I will try a different one. Does anyone have the part number for the moded transfer assembly?EarthKMTech included the part number in his post....the Guide Sheet is the mod , you fit it to the transfer roller assembly!

Synaux
11-02-2012, 11:55 PM
I did replace the black toner last week, I will try a different one. Does anyone have the part number for the moded transfer assembly?

Results for A00H703400 (http://www.precisionroller.com/search.php?q=A00H703400+&x=0&y=0)
13.95 w/o an account.

I had this problem too and had to bump up the second transfer setting in conjunction with the guide sheet mod.

EarthKmTech
11-03-2012, 07:58 PM
the thick plastic haircomb style mylar is supposed to be attatched to the metal plate above the transfer roller - not on the transfer roller itself.

the corners are cut in such a way that its pretty easy to install as it lines up with the shape of the metal, the points point away from the transfer roller with the straight edge being next to it.

C452 series they made the guide above the transfer roller plastic instead of metal removing the need for such a mylar, they actually learn from their mistakes.

Custom Search