PDA

View Full Version : software to retrieve password

Custom Search

Lasersupplies
11-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Hi,

I just purchased a c451 for the office. I need to get into the service menu (Stop, 0, 0, stop, 0, 1) but then i am told i need to input a password. Does anyone know how this can be wiped or is there any software that can retrieve the current password?

Hope to hear from one of the techs soon, thanks.

havokprod
11-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Have you tried "92729272" ??

nmfaxman
11-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Try 00000000 or 12345678.

Same as admin code.

TheOwl
11-04-2012, 09:41 PM
As above assuming that the password hasn't changed. By default, those machines used 12345678 as the CE Service Password.

If those passwords don't work, then you are going to have to contact the people that used to service the machine as the only way I am aware of resetting that password is by replacing the NVRAM which is something that Konica Minolta don't release without a good case for replacing it as it zeros the meter reading.

Synaux
11-06-2012, 06:29 AM
As above assuming that the password hasn't changed. By default, those machines used 12345678 as the CE Service Password.If those passwords don't work, then you are going to have to contact the people that used to service the machine as the only way I am aware of resetting that password is by replacing the NVRAM which is something that Konica Minolta don't release without a good case for replacing it as it zeros the meter reading.What about flashing the NVRAM?

habik
11-06-2012, 08:50 PM
What about flashing the NVRAM?

Flashing should work. Find the NV RAM Recovery firmware on KMBT site as Synaux suggested!!

ni311
11-08-2012, 05:25 PM
If you want to ask KM to replace your NVRAM, you should have a pretty good reason for that, I don't believe it will replace it just for a lost password. Also, you should give them your NVRAM and then expect a new one in return. You can bet that they are quite strict about this subject. I'm not sure that using NVRAM Recovery Tool will erase your service password but you can try it and let us know :) It sounds much easy just to contact the person from who you bought the copier and just ask for the password.

Synaux
11-10-2012, 10:46 PM
I just have a random thought, perhaps someone with more experience on these nvram chips could elaborate.

Would all the personalized data be reset to the defaults if one were to de-solder the battery out and re-solder/replace?

If so, I would suspect that the password would be reset to defaults with everything else. Or is this just a terrible idea?

ni311
11-11-2012, 03:54 PM
It is a terrible idea, actually... At least, for the printing production series all the data will be corrupted and you won't be able to use the printer without a new NVRAM. To make a long story short, someone by accident removed the NVRAM battery; we try to solder the battery back but when we started the machine, a service password was asked (even tough was never set before) and some strange characters were appearing on screen.

habik
11-11-2012, 06:45 PM
It is a terrible idea, actually... At least, for the printing production series all the data will be corrupted and you won't be able to use the printer without a new NVRAM. To make a long story short, someone by accident removed the NVRAM battery; we try to solder the battery back but when we started the machine, a service password was asked (even tough was never set before) and some strange characters were appearing on screen.

No matter what you do, without NV RAM recovery FW and Security Codes you hardly bring it back to life, which you will not find anywhere on the net as they are generated for every machine at the factory, you want be able to get your m/c back to life so consider your options and be wise what you doing!

Be very wise!! that is all I can recommend. We ended up with a machine that is now only for spares as we were trying to be smart!

ni311
11-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Indeed, the only solution to our nvram battery adventure was to replace the nvram with a new one from km. but first, you have to send the defective one to them.

Synaux
11-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Indeed, the only solution to our nvram battery adventure was to replace the nvram with a new one from km. but first, you have to send the defective one to them.I see. Thanks for the replies guys.

johnyb
11-11-2012, 09:47 PM
GCQ-J8,GDQ-J8,GEQ-J8 firmware, this will clear the NVRAM.

habik
11-12-2012, 12:04 PM
GCQ-J8,GDQ-J8,GEQ-J8 firmware, this will clear the NVRAM.

Yes, it will, however after, you will need the Security Codes if the battery was out.

Custom Search