PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine BH 160 - does not boot

Custom Search

LIOEEK
11-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Help anyone

well there's a jam in this bh 160 machine on the fusing unit but it's so hard to get so i dissamble the unit.. After removing the jam, and assembling it again.. i tried to switch it on but to my surprise the machine didn't boot.. you can only see black graphics on half of the screen.. there is no warming up just the fan motor is working.. i don't know where to start looking for the trouble..i'll just suppose to remove the jammed paper now the machine is not operational :(

thanks in advance for your help

Darren King
11-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Go back over your work. I would bet that there is either a connector not plugged in or a pinched wire somewhere.
Darren

Hansoon
11-05-2012, 03:25 PM
As King said. This is untypical for the machine so indeed first thing coming to mind when having such a weird display is a pinched wire. Second a loose connector or a ribbon cable not sitting well.

What did you remove for removal of the fuser? Normally its only the four screws around the fuser frame and than the back cover to remove the power connector and the sensor connectors nothing else is necessary.

Hans

Darren King
11-05-2012, 03:34 PM
As King said. This is untypical for the machine so indeed first thing coming to mind when having such a weird display is a pinched wire. Second a loose connector or a ribbon cable not sitting well.

What did you remove for removal of the fuser? Normally its only the four screws around the fuser frame and than the back cover to remove the power connector and the sensor connectors nothing else is necessary.

Hans

Actually, the main board and the HV board both have to be removed to get at the fuser.

JustManuals
11-05-2012, 05:57 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

LIOEEK
11-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the suggestions king and hans. . I removed the back cover and slightly bend the mainboard on the side without removing the ribbons and wires. Wish me luck. hope I can make it work :) tomorrow, a simple jam turns to a big disaster :))

Hansoon
11-05-2012, 07:30 PM
I stand corrected. My mistake, I had the BH-162 in mind cause I was working in my workshop on several of them these days. Sorry 'bout that....:o.

In this case it is only the ribbon cables at the left which are not sitting well for 100% sure. Very common with this machine.

Hans

LIOEEK
11-06-2012, 04:09 AM
Hey guys, thanks i fix it already. The problem as you say is one of the ribbon wires. Two of the pins are damaged, i have to cut the ribbon wire to fix it. gives me a hard time though.thanks again :)

Hansoon
11-06-2012, 06:54 AM
Glad you solved it and thanks for the feed back.

Hans

Custom Search