PDA

View Full Version : CQ C220 Image comming off

Custom Search

lanierboy
11-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Hi All,

I have a customer with a C220 that has a problem with offset from the fuser.

I have installed the firmware and enabled the fuser cleaning mode but the customer is not happy with doing this.

we have tried changing the paper but the fault still happens (small flecks of the image coming off).

we do use compatible toner but no other customer is having this issue, also have tried changing warmup time and temp.

any ideas?
Thank you

Avskrap
11-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Are you sure you've got the correct paper weight set? This sounds exactly like you're trying to push heavy paper through on normal settings...

fixthecopier
11-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Never put aftermarket toner in a color machine.

lanierboy
11-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Never put aftermarket toner in a color machine.

I know but my boss does not see it that way, The paper weight is set correctly

drimouxlas
11-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Go to test mode and pass 20 red halftones it's gonna clean the roller and maybe go set pressure to fusing temp to normal if you have changed it.at least thats what i did last time i was getting the same problem

habik
11-06-2012, 07:22 PM
I know but my boss does not see it that way, The paper weight is set correctly

I'll bet that the paper settings aren't correct..i had the exact same issue with a customer. So I get them to learn it :)

DO this, ask customer few questions:

Q: Do you have fresh un-opened rim of 200gsm paper
A: Yes

OKAY, Take 10 sheets from fresh rim and place it in tray 1!

Q: Do you have correct paper settings on Tray 1, set on the machine?
Q: What are they? Are they Thick 2?
A: hmmm where can I find that..?

Grrr in User Manual, only kidding :)
>Select on Display > Paper > Tray 1 > Change Tray Settings > Thick 2
Q: Done it?

Q: Do you have correct settings in Printing preferencies?
A: What?
Q: When printing dialog comes to screen, Do you change paper settings in Printing preferencies?
A: No I just hit the Print icon in my document :)
grrrr, that is fine..
OKAY the correct way is to change the printing preferencies to match the settings on the MFP
> Select Ctrl+P or File > Print >> Properties > Basic Tab > Paper Tray > Tray 1 > Paper Settings for Each Tray > Highlight Tray 1 > paper Type > Thick 2 > OK > NOW CLICK ON FAVORITE SETTINGS ADD button > Name it THICK 2 I am> OK

Q: Done?

Q: Did you get that ? Does it print? Is it peeling of or smudging ?
A: Yes, it prints straight away... don't even have to press anything on machine.

Good. Remember Thick 2 is not Thick one, alright you are now the one, ...to teach others, you happy with that?!
Yes, thanks

LMAO

tech51
11-06-2012, 07:22 PM
There is a bulletin about this. KM have modified the fuser roller coating to prevent this fault so the only permanent cure is to fit the new type fuser..

Custom Search