PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C3101 Trouble Code on C360

Custom Search

Eugene74
11-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Hi all,

I really hope there is anybody out there that could help me with this error. I am battling the last week on a machine (C360) that give me a C3101 error code (Fusing roller separation failure), a problem on the pressure roller retraction. When I switch the machine on, it goes through the whole system check and stabilization procedure. When it need to press the pressure roller against the fuser roller/belt it doesn't happen. After a while the retraction motor turns in reverse as if it would like to retract and then display the error.

We have replaced the fuser, PRCB, Power supply PWB, the retraction motor as well as the sensor running at the encoding disk. I have also check for a short or pinched wire on the relevant wiring and made sure all the output are present on the sensors and the motor, everything is in order.

When I look at State Confirm page the Roller retraction sensor shows 1 (if I'm not mistaken, this mean that the sensor is made) and never change it's state from 1 to 0.

Any help at this stage will be appreciated as I am at a deadend and need to get the machine operational.

Kind Regards,
Eugene

PeterG
11-06-2012, 05:42 AM
Did you replace the whole drive unit? Or just the pressure retraction motor?

Eugene74
11-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Hi all,

Thanks PeterG for the help. To answer your question, no I only replaced the motor, but I found the problem. The contacts on yhe inside of the connector (CN12) broke off. So when the connector is inserted it didn't made contact with the board contact. There were continuity across the point, and thats why I didn't worry about the harnass.

Finally the machine is sorted and everybody is happy.

Thanks

ni311
11-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Funny, you ask the question, you were the one that gave the correct answer :D
Thanks for letting us know the solution.

Eugene74
11-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Hi Ni311,

It's a pleasure. I usually let people know if we could fix a problem, or if any suggestions helped. Thereby next time someone has a similar problem they know what to look for.

Have a great day.

Custom Search