PDA

View Full Version : CSRC Bizhub C280 - question

Custom Search

LIOEEK
11-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Hi all,

Because I still don't have training on this, I'm really curious about this. What does CSRC do? Is it a normal email notification of machine error? I see the settings on Service mode, like send, receive..etc., Can i use gmail's smtp server on it?

thanks

emujo
11-07-2012, 02:50 PM
CS Remote Care works with the KM vcare server to obtain info about the use and condition of the MFP. With a CSRC enabled MFP I can look at paper jams, supply levels, consumable levels, error history and many other details about the MFP..When CSRC pages out a sevice call, I get the exact error code, and can bring needed parts with me to speed the fix..It can send this info either by email or over the web depending on the model. The email severs can be ours (typical) or the customers if they choose. It's a great system if used properly, but it does tend to generate unneeded calls that would usually be cleared by the customer cycling power..ie corona cleaner gets stuck, and generates a C2205...vcare generates a service call..meanwhile customer cycles power and all is good to go...2 hours later tech shows up to resolve, but no action is necessary. Emujo

LIOEEK
11-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks emujo. That was cool. So, you have to be connected to KM's vcare to be able to use it.. does that need any kind of registration to KM? is vCare some kind of application or something like on the web where you can visit? are my questions stupid?lol. sorry for my lack of knowledge. LIOEEK

JustManuals
11-08-2012, 05:18 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

ni311
11-08-2012, 05:12 PM
There is a website where you have to register your machine, insert contact info and what calls you should receive and so on. From what I know, this service is paid per month. Also, I believe there is an email option and/or a modem with a SIM card option.

LIOEEK
11-09-2012, 06:13 AM
Thanks for the replies, now I know that I cant use it by just using my isp and free email serverS

SmellsHot
11-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Configure the email server on the machine. and then go into detail setting in admin mode. Here you can enter your email address and turn on/off settings to notify you of...jams, service codes, staples, toner, etc...... Obviously this isn't as thorough as CSRC, but it works well enough for me....

LIOEEK
11-10-2012, 01:03 AM
Configure the email server on the machine. and then go into detail setting in admin mode. Here you can enter your email address and turn on/off settings to notify you of...jams, service codes, staples, toner, etc...... Obviously this isn't as thorough as CSRC, but it works well enough for me....Many thanks for this smellshot.. works like magic.lol

wseyller
11-10-2012, 01:29 AM
I believe it also gives away your customers information which some service companies don't want.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

ni311
11-11-2012, 07:43 PM
You should ask the customer before making any changes to this area. You won't be able to receive any info about the documents the customer is printing but you'll get the toners empty, service codes and so on. IMO it is fair to ask the customer if he/she agrees with this procedure.

Custom Search