PDA

View Full Version : C20P with "digital looking" magenta stripes on the prints

Custom Search

Avskrap
11-07-2012, 05:30 PM
(We were going to throw this machine, and ten other C20/C20P's in the trash, I "borrowed" one to have at home)

Bad move on my part, it seems. Couldn't be arsed checking the state of it at the office, lugged it up to my place "blind", so to say. Started out with it locked because of the yellow IU life. Snatched one of those from a scrapped one at the office. Started it up, B/W prints are excellent. Color on the other hand...
First of all, image quality is horrible. Wrong colors, the magenta stripes I mentioned in the title...
I have very limited to no experience with these small printers, the smallest machines I work on are the C451s. The smaller the machine, the bigger the trouble it seems.

http://i.imgur.com/RAkZL.jpg?1

However small or large I crop this image it look humongous. Excuse that.

Well, there's a picture of the belt with the magenta stripes. Also, a picture I tried printing. What's yellow in the pic should be grayish-white. The blue part, more green.

It's most likely the laser and/or PRCB, but I could use some verification before trying to steal some more things.

So, am I at a bust with this machine, because I can't be arsed shelling out cash for a new belt, laser or board/boards. And we've scrapped the other machines, all but one.

Regards,

Avskrap

ni311
11-08-2012, 05:18 PM
You just picked up the wrong machine :D You should not play the lottery, the luck is not your strongest point :D
I will say that is the PRCB bu your best bet is to try replace it with a used one... only if you had one... :D The situation is just too awkward not to smile, sorry for that :D

JustManuals
11-08-2012, 06:33 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Avskrap
11-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Thanks Paul, but I've got the manuals (and access to all of them for free) :)

Yeah, seems I "hit the lottery" in the negative sense. The only thing I'm annoyed about is that I had to lug it up the stairs at home. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Custom Search