PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 223 - Software question

Custom Search

gigolos
11-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Hi,

Maybe it's a silly question, but can any1 tell me what software do I need to install to start scanning from PC (Windows 7 x64 operating system)? Just wanted to know is there any software which I can run from my PC and start scanning on bizhub 223.

Thanks in advance,

ineo+6501
11-08-2012, 10:49 AM
You don't need any software, the 223 will scan in several methods without any software.

The best option for you is via SMB. The 223 needs to be connected to your PC via a network for this to work.

You will need to create a one-touch destination in the address book of the copier.
You will need your PC IP address, windows username & password and you need to create a shared folder on the C:\ drive on the PC.

Google search Konica Minolta SMB setup for further info.

Avskrap
11-08-2012, 11:00 AM
I interprit your question as you want to pull-print from your PC, is this correct? In that case, your best, cheapest and easiest bet is Page Scope.

gigolos
11-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Ok guys. Firstly, want to thank all of you for quick replies. I'll try to describe my situation and reason why I need software. I have custom .NET application which uses ScanUtil to connect to scanner software through web browser (IE) using ActiveX control. So, when you click on "Scan" button in custom application, it calls ScanUtil.exe and then ScanUtil call scanner native application for scanning. Afte scanning is finished, document is inserted into custom application. Now, I don't have any experience and knowledge regarding bizhub, so I'm trying to find out is there any free aplication from which I can simply scan from pc or is there any command which I can use from cmd prompt or to create script and call the same one to scan docs?

Thank you all very much!
Regards,

ni311
11-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Once you installed the printer driver, the driver for scanning it should be already installed on your computer too; you should check in system -> imaging device. Once the driver is installed, you can call it from any application you need, including yours. You don't need any extra app, the correctly installed driver is all you need.

wseyller
11-09-2012, 02:32 AM
KM offers a TWAIN driver which you can download from their site which will allow to to initiate the scanning from various applications that can communicate with twain compatible devices. It is not a software that you can directly open but just a driver that runs in the back ground. Within your application or your ScanUtil you would be able to select the twain device. The versions that have HDD have some extra functionally with the hard drive if you have one as the hardrive is an optional component of the 223.

Link to this page to download: http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/download/SearchResults.aspx?productid=1317

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/09/ga5ytyba.jpg

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

wseyller
11-09-2012, 02:34 AM
Sorry accidental double post.

emujo
11-09-2012, 02:38 PM
If the program you use has a "watch" folder then SMB or FTP will work..Simply create a folder on the PC, share it and assign full permissions, the harder part is configuring the MFP to scan back to the folder..as previous posters stated, this forum is full of detailed instructions for doing this...You can go to the KM public website and download the "real time" TWAIN drivers for your MFP, install them and your program should be able to select the new KM scanner as the "Pull" source. The print driver has nothing to do with scanning and can't be used for this..Using page scope to download scanned docs is cumbersome to say the least...You would have to scan the doc to the HDD (If installed), open page scope, navigate to the user boxes and perform at least 3 other steps to retrieve your docs. My advice would be to call a qualified KM tech and pay the 150 to have it set up correctly, and watch what the process is so you can setup additional scan one touches if needed. Emujo

wseyller
11-09-2012, 03:25 PM
I had to setup twain before for a company that was using a virtual office suite running in a cloud based server. They needed twain because they needed the scan to come in directly to their application which for some reason made it easier to edit the scan. It seems depending on the nature what you someone requires twain does have it uses.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

Custom Search