PDA

View Full Version : CQ Mid volume bizhub heat rollers

Custom Search

JR2ALTA
11-09-2012, 03:43 AM
Is there a trick to reduce the center gouge that starts to appear after only a few dozen k prints?

blackcat4866
11-09-2012, 03:46 AM
If you think of one I'd like to hear it. I've got a bunch of bizhub 423's that the heat roller never makes more than 240K (on a 480K yield fuser).
There is a Chinese supplier of heat rollers, but to make it worthwhile you've got to make a minimum order of 50. Care to split the order?

Hansoon
11-09-2012, 07:13 AM
If this is the same issue as with the BH-350 B&W machines we cover the thermistors with thermistor tape. Before we push carefully the little thermistor "bulb", which protrudes out of the surrounding cushion, back with a wooden toothpick or match.

Good results until now.

Hans

Hansoon
11-09-2012, 07:21 AM
BTW, be careful with some of those Chinese UFR's. I got one type which didn't last more than 10K. The Teflon surface was not black or dark grey as usual but a rather light grey color. From the same manufacturer we got also UFR's for the Di-450/550 with exactly the same problem.

It seems as if the Teflon was not hard enough to withstand the friction of thermistor and separator fingers.

Hate to admit but had to go back to Katun for the moment.........

Hans

blackcat4866
11-09-2012, 07:27 PM
BTW, be careful with some of those Chinese UFR's. I got one type which didn't last more than 10K. The Teflon surface was not black or dark grey as usual but a rather light grey color. From the same manufacturer we got also UFR's for the Di-450/550 with exactly the same problem.

It seems as if the Teflon was not hard enough to withstand the friction of thermistor and separator fingers.

Hate to admit but had to go back to Katun for the moment.........

Hans

Thanks for the warning Hans. Katun offers them? With good results? 240K ++?
=^..^=

Hansoon
11-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Yes Cat, We are using Katun fuser rollers for the DI-Series and also the BH B&W machines. They are not worse than the OEM but cheaper.

I'm getting regularly parts from China from aftermarket suppliers/manufacturers but one has to be very careful. Quality is not constant even when the same item is coming from the same manufacturer another time. Also their way of handling and the communication with them is not easy. Recently I got a bunch of parts very different from what I ordered. I had the feeling that they just threw parts in the boxes to complete the total quantity regardless of type and use of those parts.

Hans

blackcat4866
11-10-2012, 02:41 AM
I've got six fusers sitting in the graveyard with 240K. I'd be delighted to see those fusers reach life. Thanks again for the good advice. =^..^=

JR2ALTA
11-10-2012, 03:06 AM
After 200/250/350 I was shocked to STILL see this problem on the 223 series.

Thanks all

Hansoon
11-10-2012, 08:03 AM
After 200/250/350 I was shocked to STILL see this problem on the 223 series.

Give the Thermistor Tape Method a try. Its worth it.

Don't forget to push the thermistor bulb carefully inside as much as possible.

Hans

RRodgers
11-10-2012, 03:56 PM
If this is the same issue as with the BH-350 B&W machines we cover the thermistors with thermistor tape. Before we push carefully the little thermistor "bulb", which protrudes out of the surrounding cushion, back with a wooden toothpick or match.

Good results until now.

Hans

Thanks Hansoon

ni311
11-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Do you have a code to order the thermistor tape from KM?

Hansoon
11-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Its not from KM. My buddy from the USA got it for me from Precision Roller.

I had to do one today so I made some pictures of the procedure.

Hans

Hansoon
11-12-2012, 09:24 AM
parts from China from aftermarket suppliers/manufacturers but one has to be very careful. Quality is not constant even when the same item is coming from the same manufacturer another time.

Here's an example. LFR for the Di-450 from China. Made 600 copies only then it disintegrated. The LFR bearings (OEM) where new ofcourse as well as the lower picker fingers so that could not be the cause of this damage. It seems that the silicone didn't bond to the metal core and became loose causing bubbles in the rubber which than tore because of the friction.

Hans

Darren King
11-12-2012, 04:14 PM
A lot of the time trying to save ten bucks costs you 100 bucks in callbacks.

Hansoon
11-12-2012, 05:17 PM
A lot of the time trying to save ten bucks costs you 100 bucks in callbacks.

"Ten Bucks"????

LFR for the Di-450 from Katun costs USD 110.00 (OEM would be even more, you must know) The same roller from Chinaman USD 15.00

So if I need ten pieces I save USD 950.00.........

Darren, for a small company like ours this makes a very big difference. Usually most of the aftermarket parts work well but you have to know your partners overthere.

Hans

Darren King
11-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Wow! $15 for a LFR for a Di450. What is the failure rate on that?

I'm not saying that I don't use aftermarket products. I will try them, but, if they are obviously crap I won't order them just because they are cheap.
We are having a problem with BH350 drums right now. They work fine for a short time and them the density fades. Crap! Sure they are cheaper than OEM, but they cause more callbacks and customers get upset. Definitely not worth the $20 or $30 bucks we save over OEM.

OEM products will generally last past life expectations, aftermarket barely last until life expectency.

Just my two cents.
Darren

Hansoon
11-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Wow! $15 for a LFR for a Di450. What is the failure rate on that?

Until now the one in the picture was the first one. At least 60 pcs are in use since two years without remarkable failure.

OEM products will generally last past life expectations

Where the early failing Image Units and Fusers of the BH-350 B&W machines proofs the exception of the rule........... LOL

Ofcourse I will stay away too from aftermarket stuff when not functioning well. There are boundaries for what one is willing to take to save some money.

Good example are the takeup/feed and separation rollers for the BH-350 B&W and several other KonicaMinolta machines. Here I use strictly the OEM PU-Rollers which are expensive but of unsurpassed in quality.

Hans

Darren King
11-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Where the early failing Image Units and Fusers of the BH-350 B&W machines proofs the exception of the rule........... LOL

Hans

I said "generally" lol
I haven't had very many BH350 fusers fail, but the Di3510 fusers hardly ever made it to full life unless you put BH350 thermistors on them.
As for the BH350 drums failing, it isn't a problem with the drum itself, it is the transfer roller that caused a lot of the problem.
Darren

Hansoon
11-12-2012, 07:14 PM
As for the BH350 drums failing, it isn't a problem with the drum itself, it is the transfer roller that caused a lot of the problem.

80% Collars / 20% Transfer roller "horns"

*shameless push*

You're not using those modified collars Darren?

;)

Hans

Custom Search