PDA

View Full Version : CQ Konica c-550 smearing and I/unit issues

Custom Search

acsolutions
11-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Hello,
I am getting a smearing and back grounding issue. I am submitting a sample what it's doing. two months ago I replaced the black I/U and the problem went away now it's doing the same thing. the page is originally white but showing back grounding. removed the black I/U and towards the back a pile of toner possibly grounding the charge. also the black areas are not fused properly and can be wiped off. It to me does not look like a fixing issue, and the customer says it made it out of the machine so it went through the fuser. could this also be a software glitch. This problem is very intermittent. Thanks 18132

907tec
11-10-2012, 12:01 AM
My guess would be dev mix dropping due to loss of ground at the black imaging unit. Do you have the black imaging unit mods installed? The black imaging unit has been shown to "walk" while being driven, causing loss of ground. The solution from KM is to install a small bracket over the front of the IU to hold it more firmly in place. If you don't have the mod, some people have had luck adding a couple layers of the PH cleaning wipes to the K-IU's blue lock-lever. Judging by the amount of developer that was dropped on that sample you posted, I would start with a good cleaning and a new imaging unit (again).

JustManuals
11-10-2012, 12:24 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

acsolutions
11-11-2012, 06:01 PM
My guess would be dev mix dropping due to loss of ground at the black imaging unit. Do you have the black imaging unit mods installed? The black imaging unit has been shown to "walk" while being driven, causing loss of ground. The solution from KM is to install a small bracket over the front of the IU to hold it more firmly in place. If you don't have the mod, some people have had luck adding a couple layers of the PH cleaning wipes to the K-IU's blue lock-lever. Judging by the amount of developer that was dropped on that sample you posted, I would start with a good cleaning and a new imaging unit (again). Thanks for the reply, I'll check on that and maybe I can get a bracket or fabricate one myself! Thanks again

acsolutions
11-11-2012, 06:08 PM
My guess would be dev mix dropping due to loss of ground at the black imaging unit. Do you have the black imaging unit mods installed? The black imaging unit has been shown to "walk" while being driven, causing loss of ground. The solution from KM is to install a small bracket over the front of the IU to hold it more firmly in place. If you don't have the mod, some people have had luck adding a couple layers of the PH cleaning wipes to the K-IU's blue lock-lever. Judging by the amount of developer that was dropped on that sample you posted, I would start with a good cleaning and a new imaging unit (again). Thanks for the reply, I'll check on that and maybe I can get a bracket or fabricate one myself! Thanks again

habik
11-11-2012, 07:06 PM
I'd say it is all about the pressure to keep the IU in, so it wont move and as long as you can provide that, a few pc's of plastic taped to a lever so it pushes the IU inside and it doesn't move would suffice. Just be sure it is pushing on the chasis of the IU not on something that can bend.

Not sure what noise it is producing but I can only advise that drive mechanism for cleaning of ITB (Image Transfer Belt) had a modified parts (4 in total) and it is worth replacing. Bit, Pig of a job but well worth it.

Other than this, just what was already described above :)

acsolutions
11-11-2012, 09:32 PM
I'd say it is all about the pressure to keep the IU in, so it wont move and as long as you can provide that, a few pc's of plastic taped to a lever so it pushes the IU inside and it doesn't move would suffice. Just be sure it is pushing on the chasis of the IU not on something that can bend. Not sure what noise it is producing but I can only advise that drive mechanism for cleaning of ITB (Image Transfer Belt) had a modified parts (4 in total) and it is worth replacing. Bit, Pig of a job but well worth it. Other than this, just what was already described above :) Yes, no noise produced! I have only seen the results never witnessed the problem occur! The only other problem that I have is why the black areas can be wiped off?

Gaffers01
11-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Yes, no noise produced! I have only seen the results never witnessed the problem occur! The only other problem that I have is why the black areas can be wiped off?

The reason the black areas can be wiped off is that it is developer not toner on the page.

Spratt
11-15-2012, 12:38 AM
Just a small note on the previous posts, yours is quite a bad one so it would be worthwhile taking out the print head as the dev often falls onto the unit. If it has this needs cleaning up
This in itself isnt to bad the problem comes when the dev falls through a cut out in the frame under the print head which is above the drive motors etc. Once you have dev in these you will end up with jamming problems and after some time noisy and worn motors and bushings. I usually stick a cover over the cut out as even with the mods some have been known to dump the dev again.
Regards

Custom Search