PDA

View Full Version : Missing Network Settings option from Admin menu Ineo +451

Custom Search

cahal
11-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Hi, I was setting up scanning from the Ineo+451 to the pc but in the Administrator menu, the Network Settings option (no 5) is missing from the menu list. Is there a way to factory default the copier? Any help is appreciated thanks.

blackcat4866
11-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Doing a factory default will not make the function return, but it will create many additional problems. DON'T DO IT.

If it were me, I'd reboot the MFP as many times as it takes to gain access to that function. Those buttons will come back, you just don't know how may re-boots it will take.

You might also re-check that the HDD is Set. Several functions disappear when the HDD is not enabled. =^..^=

cahal
11-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Thanks Blackcat, I have tried rebooting a couple of times previously but i'll keep trying. Also how do I check the HDD is Set? Thanks again

RRodgers
11-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Hi, I was setting up scanning from the Ineo+451 to the pc but in the Administrator menu, the Network Settings option (no 5) is missing from the menu list. Is there a way to factory default the copier? Any help is appreciated thanks.

Yes, wait for it too boot up, it won't show for a bit when you first power on the copier. Just wait for it. If it never show's up then you'll need to change the controller type in the tech mode.

blackcat4866
11-10-2012, 04:07 PM
The HDD Set is in Service Mode > System2 > Options > ... something like that.
Please get a manual.

If your objective is just to change the IP address you can print off the Config Page. Connect your laptop via crossover. Set you're laptop to a static address within range of the MFP. Open a browser window and enter the MFP's IP address in the address line. Log in as administrator (again, see manual). From here you can set the IP address, DNS, and anything else you want.
=^..^=

cahal
11-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the info, what I should have added also is that I cannot ping the nic on the Ineo, (nic light is on). I can only print via usb. Thanks again

TheOwl
11-11-2012, 10:29 PM
You can initialize the NIC from Service Mode, but I would probably try a firmware upgrade first before doing that as sometimes the problem is as simple as the firmware on the machine having a hic-up.

emujo
11-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Is there a Fiery on the device???

livewire
11-12-2012, 06:58 PM
I have the same problem with the Magicolor 2490MF.
I changed NIC card with another working card. It appears only once in the menu and I was able to enter the address and then connected to the laptop.
I could not finish the process and after reboot I can not connect to the machine. USB port does not work.

Hansoon
11-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Corrupted board. We had this twice. I forgot what we changed but I think it was PWB-A, the smaller one left of the metal cage with the large board carrying the NIC.

Hans

livewire
11-14-2012, 07:25 PM
My Client plans to replace the machine.
We closed case.

Custom Search