PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 601 web roller woes

Custom Search

brent
11-14-2012, 04:55 PM
I need to check. but I have had a few of these darn web rollers start to unwind. and warp around the ufr. then it throws all kinds of wierd codes. basically I am using non oem rollers. katun or na trading. I don't remember. but the web is oem. is the roller just grabbing and bringing it in? I know first hand that non oem webs will not work. it just seems the holes are in the wrong spot and the gears mesh is not right... any thoughts on this? experiences? thanks
brent

blackcat4866
11-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Just one machine, or across the board?

Not specific to this model, the most common cause of webs wrapping the upper roller is gear damage to the advance mechanism. The fuser heat bakes the gears to gray desert dust. Maybe it's something to look at? =^..^=

brent
11-14-2012, 06:57 PM
like I said. it happens way more with generic web assemblies.. so I don't use them. I can see that there is quite a bit of tension and heat and pressure on the web as it lays across the ufr. I just didn't know if there was something specific that was pulling it down around the roller and yes. it seems like when there is any play in the gear drive. it will pull it right down.. the oem one did it at first as well. just drives me nuts. it is working now.. I have the cover off the top of the fuser so I can go check it. that is probably not a good idea either.. lol thanks man

brent

Custom Search