PDA

View Full Version : C451 With C2557

Custom Search

laserman06
01-10-2008, 04:38 AM
I have a Konica C451 with 4k getting a C2557 (K TCR low density). Replaced the IU, problem went away for a day. Now it is back. Printed out the halftone test chart and it is blotchy. I ran out of time today, so going back tomorrow.

Does anyone have any ideas, how I can watch to see if toner motor is working? Thanks

Darren King
01-10-2008, 01:25 PM
I had the same problem with a C352. Try doing a toner add and then run gradation. This helped with in my case.
Hope this helps
Darren.

JSC
01-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Check to see if ICP (7) has blown on the printer control board, i have had a few of these go on some of Konica Minolta's previous colour machines.

Good Luck.

laserman06
01-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Went back to the account today. I had done some research and finally got to talk to Konica's Tech Support.:) We boiled it down to the Printer Control Board. Or so I thought. I swapped out the control board, the machine then stabilized. Again I thought good.

Checked my TCR reading and it was 7.09%. Made it through gradation ok. Half tone test pattern was beautiful. Went to run 50 copies and it made about 15 and went into the code again. Went in and checked the TCR reading and it was around 3%.

So now I am beginning to wonder if the K toner supply motor (M14) is taking out the PRCB.

I will look at ICP 7 and see if it blown on both boards. I hope not.

pepper38_cnd
01-10-2008, 11:50 PM
Did this happen right after a toner change? If so make sure the shutter on the toner cartrige is opening. If tape is damaged just remove it.

laserman06
01-11-2008, 04:08 AM
No toner change involved. The machine is brand new and only has 4K on it.

laserman06
01-12-2008, 05:03 AM
Went back today, finally traced it down. Had to replace the whole toner hopper assembly. Working perfectl

IKy
04-15-2008, 10:49 PM
I have solved the same problems without any changes several times :)

mitchl
04-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Went back today, finally traced it down. Had to replace the whole toner hopper assembly. Working perfectl
So replacing the whole assembly took care of the problem............... Inquiring minds want to know what component was bad in the hopper that caused the problem? Good info to have as I haven't had any problems with the new series machines in this regard.

laserman06
04-16-2008, 11:49 PM
So replacing the whole assembly took care of the problem............... Inquiring minds want to know what component was bad in the hopper that caused the problem? Good info to have as I haven't had any problems with the new series machines in this regard.

I wish I knew what it was. My boss said to just replace the whole thing, since it was under warranty. My educated guess would be the toner supply motor on the black toner hopper.:confused:.

I have quite a few of this series in my territory and they are wonderful machines. :) All except the Document feeder and C8103 code.

I have found that if you reroute the wire to the lift plate sensor and lube up the lift cam, it helps. Have had to replace a couple of lift motors. :(

texchar555
04-17-2008, 03:32 AM
Laserman, I had the same thing going on with c300. I found out what it was and it was the hopper assymbly. The reason is becouse the customer adding toner to the machine and not shaking the toner will couse the , get ready for this, they have little spring clutches and they wear out. customer induced. We had an Konica Minolta rep that came by and checked it out. I was right.

redhawkpath
04-19-2008, 07:35 AM
Hey Laserman

I sure hate to say that you jumped through a few too many hoops. C2557 errors can usually be remedied by replacing the imaging cartridge.

In the Minolta Technets it alerts you to the fact that may IC have bee creating this error, of at least a few batches.

In your case, you might have tried to replace the IC first.

laserman06
04-19-2008, 01:31 PM
I would never have thought of that. :D I tried that first. No help. I even used one from a known working machine.

But on the other hand who as a tech has never jumped through hoops, only to find it was something simple and easy.

I am truly guilty of that.:D

Custom Search